This is the most RANDOM post you'll ever read

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
This is the most RANDOM post you'll ever read
Date: July 11, 2002 06:26AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Well I just wrote a really long email, so I'm still in the typey mood... And I just had a look through the archives of the old forum.... That's still so much fun to do :) The antics of Vader, Morbid, LS, Alex and Ellis etc are still as hillarious as they once were.

Anyways, after I finished reading through all the stuff about Blue Whale's tongues etc, I felt sad about the fact that all those threads were closed, and could never be posted in again. But then common sense took hold and I opened up this forum - All the people mentioned above are still here, so why should those types of posts be forgotten and simply remembered as something that occured before Grand Prix 4? The only obvious exemption I can think of to the regulars here would be Rupert, he's gone over to the EA F12002 side, which is cool, he almost had me out buying it the other day with his sales pitch.

And, to add fuel to the random post fire, I'm realllly bored at the moment and I figured this would help pass the time :)

So yeah, I don't know what to write. Has Ellis been around here much? I haven't seen much of him :( And there's a squillion new faces around here, which I guess the release of a new game will do to a forum, I know for a fact that If this was a Gp2 forum I would only have gotten in on the act upon the release of Gp3. (even though I had F1 GP - go figure :P)

Whislt everyone's been sorting through pages and pages of bugs, I've been silently watching and wishing I could take a part in it somehow, which can't happen due to the fact that I still don't have the video card and the RAM I was meant to obtain on that magical Friday. That day, however, did see me free of my sling and the introduction to the holidays. :D

I'm going away tomorrow, for a few days, so I'm not gonna get to see any repies to this :';( (If there are any, that is!!!) But yeah, if you feel inclined to enlighten the thread with some randomness, feel free, it's not like I could stop you anyway :P But remember, after that FBI thread, we're all one step closer to finding out exactly who you are :)

And finally, a big hurrah to the webmasters of this joint for making some spankin' new changes around here. It does look good, I think a step forward for a Grand Prix 4 forum as opposed to the traditional Grand Prix 3 forum was always neccessary :)

11 was a racehorse, 22 was 12. 1111 race, 22112 <---- A classic riddle I rather enjoy. But, it's got nothing on this one, I picked up from "Mindtrap" - (I can only presume a lot of you will know this already)

Three men arrive at a motel to stay the night, and are told it'll be 30 dollars for the three of them. Each man forks out 10 dollars evenly, and gives it to the manager. Later on, the manager realises she overcharged the men 5 dollars, and gives 5 dollars to the bellhop to return to the men. The bellhop keeps 2 dollars himself, and gives each man a dollar back, each. Therefore, each man has paid 9 dollars - The initial ten, minus the 1 dollar returned by the bellhop. basic maths shows 3*9 = 27, plus the 2 dollars the bellhop kept, makes $29. Where has that elusive dollar gone?

And lastly, (I know I said that before, but I promise I mean it this time) What does this standard New South Wales number plate suggest about the driver? PB12IN

Good luck with them, I'm sure a google search won't be too hard for the people who can't be bothered working them out :D

Re: This is the most RANDOM post you'll ever read
Date: July 11, 2002 10:48AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
You are so right mike about the archives. They are great fun reading and remembering posts by you, rupert, vader, ls, morbid ellis and alex - and of course everyone's leaving speaches *chuckle*

Anyway - Ellis hasnt posted aound here for a while but is online on somethimes msn (i normally only see him friday/weekend). Also Rupert doesnt post here much and the Aussie input seems to be running a little lower than before (i.e. You, wombat, rupert)

I guess its getting quite close to summer where everyone goes away to exotic countrys (ill be going to slovenia :D)

Anyway those riddles - sorry but after all exams i dont have enough brain power left. hehehe

Date: July 11, 2002 11:08AM
Posted by: maniak
I would say that each man payed 9,6(6) $, but who am I to argue anyway :-)

maniak

Oh, my public! How they love me! (Looney Tunes)
Date: July 11, 2002 12:51PM
Posted by: LS.
i took a look into the archives after reading your post mika and it made me laugh at some of the stuff we posted, almost like drug induced most of the time :-)

i remember when me vader & morbid would be posting on the forums and MSN messenger till gone 5am

those were the days :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 11, 2002 12:53PM
Posted by: LS.
i took a look into the archives after reading your post mika and it made me laugh at some of the stuff we posted, almost like drug induced most of the time :-)

i remember when me vader & morbid would be posting on the forums and MSN messenger till gone 5am

those were the days :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 11, 2002 01:00PM
Posted by: _Alex_
LOL I just had a browse and was reminded that I'm King around here :p

Err, fetch me my shoes, Jeeves!

:-)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Its a quadratic equasion, there was no dollar
Date: July 11, 2002 01:11PM
Posted by: _Alex_
ax2 + bx + c = 0

Ah, at last, having completed my Maths GCSE course, I can now look upon that equation without giving a donald duck what it actually means. That feels good!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 11, 2002 01:32PM
Posted by: genesis
lol yeah its great isnt it. Throwing my science books away was the best thing I ever did....
Date: July 11, 2002 01:41PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Alex would you like your shoes polised, and how would you like your ass? :P ;)

G'day all...

Sorry for the unnescary (I have never spelt that correctly) depression I may have caused for the forum when I said I was going away for a few days, well, I am - cept I have a few mins now whilst I'm waiting to be picked up :)

So yeah, lol, those leaving speeches are quite a laugh to read over now - Seriously I think over the past year or something I've matured some what :)

And those 3 riddles - well no one's really pulled out many answers here - I'm dissapointed!! Its a quadratic equasion, there was no dollar - All I have to say for that is a big fat :P....cos u cant really just say that with no working and stuff. And what's an equasion?

Like Alex, I too can look upon that equation and know what it means...It feels great! Anyways I'm gonna have to cut this puppy short, good luck with the rest of the riddles...cya's round (like a rissole)

Date: July 12, 2002 06:42AM
Posted by: twig
okay okay....this didnt stop me thinking...its just bad maths!!!!!!!!!! HA!.......

Tom.

Win XP Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz GeForce 3 64Mb
Favourite Team: McLaren.
Favourite Circuits: Silverstone, Europe, Brazil, Canada.
Got V8 Challenge :(, F1 2001, F1 2002 and GP4
Live in Australia, Sydney, Wahroonga (Anyone been or live there?)
Thats me
Date: July 12, 2002 03:02PM
Posted by: Ellis
Ellis is here. I have been in hospital for week so had no net access.

I dont post much cos generally not feeling well and prefer to play guitar than sit on the comp :P

btw, this whole post is great :D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 12, 2002 05:43PM
Posted by: bazza
Just thought I'd post something very random, but then I noticed the maths stuff above and it reminded me of advanced higher maths, which i just finished. So I just thought I'd talk some general @!#$ about maths.

I was quite good at maths, at least I thought I was until this year. I was top of the year in my Higher prelim and got an A without doing much studying. I thought Advanced Higher would be much the same, but boy was I wrong.

It all started when we were told that we would be doing work on imaginary numbers. What is the point in that? We had to learn about i which stands for imaginary (surprisingly) i=(-1)^0.5 (the square root of 1) which for years we had been told does not exist. We had to use various theorems and equations to work out stuff realting to i including De Moivre's Theorem:

If z = r cos (x) + i r sin (x) then z^n = r^n {cos n(x) + isin n(x)} when n is a natural number.

Then we had to prove why things were true, by using methods like proof by induction, which was really simple, and one of the only things I remember. It had three basic steps:

1. Prove true for k=1
2. Assume true for k=k
3. Prove true for k=(k+1)

If you could prove this then it was true.

I did higher PE last year too, and that was a helluva lot easier. We did basketball and badminton, and had to do an investigation on badminton. I really suck at it, and only did well in the course because I play basketball, and am reasonably good at it.

I did Chemistry as well, advanced higher, but it wasn't as bad as maths.

Now I'm going to Strathclyde Uni, to do an MEng in Computer and Electronic Systems apparently. I don't totally know what I'm in for, but hope that I can get a good job after it, and maybe learn how to work a computer properly.

I was out tonight at the snooker club, and I met someone from my year at school who left 2 years ago to start working. He's a total bam! Does anyone else talk about bams? Back me up here Spikeman, surely you know what a bam is? By the way what bit of Glasgow are you from anyway?

And on the subject of teh Chilli's, has anyone else got their new album, it's quite good, me is liking it. Also Oasis' new album is amazing, a bit of a change from some of the classics, but good nonetheless. Is anyone going to T in the park, should be good with them headlining, if only I could afford to go.

Since I'm in quite a random kind of mood I'll talk about something completely different now.

Is anyone watching the golf from Loch Lomond? Barry Hume is doing quite well for an amateur. I reckon Sandy Lyle could win it, that would be a turn up for the books.

I can't think of anything to say. I've got shitty work tomorrow. I work in ASDA, does anyone else have a really @!#$ job like that? The only good thing's the pay.

Now I'm getting quite bored, so I'll just post this.

Bazza

Date: July 13, 2002 12:55AM
Posted by: mortal
I have been on holidays in sunny Byron Bay (north coast New South Wales Australia) at an internet cafe, what the......the sun is shining, it's 20' out there and I'm in an internet cafe! lol Oh well, think I'll go watch some whales, maybe I'll get to see a tongue or two ;-) Later.....gosh Nimbin was great hehehe

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 13, 2002 03:23PM
Posted by: Vader
I don't fall for that, Mika. mortalwombat tried the same when opening he official insanity thread moons ago. I can see right through your plans and read your minds. You try to stop me from spamming by offering a thread where it dopesn't matter, since anyone knows it's gonna be spam inside anyway. This is the worst trick anyone has tried to play on me so far, but I won't take that bait. Sorry, Mika, but there can only be one punishment: AUSTRALIA MUST BE DESTROYED. Sorry, dont take it personal.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 13, 2002 07:18PM
Posted by: mortal
Did somebody say spam, mmmmmm, tasty, can I have a couple of eggs easy over with mine, pass the HP please ;-)
btw Vader, no need to destroy Australia, John Howard's doing a fine job of it already! and we'd never take it personal either, especially coming from you lol!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
G'day all..

Me = back :D

and just to fill in the non Australians here, Byron Bay is perhaps the most hippy area of NSW, perhaps Australia....Very, very "free" :P Also, it's the most Eastern point of Australia.

Bazza, the proof of induction thing u just were talking about is what we've just started in maths. It's kinda weird :S

Vader, You may see through my plans, but the fact remains that you'd post something random in any thread, so why complain when I give you the chance, without fear of repercussion? :P

Date: July 14, 2002 01:01AM
Posted by: Morbid
Look, the riddle isn't so hard. The "Where has that elusive dollar gone?" problem lies here:

"basic maths shows 3*9 = 27, plus the 2 dollars the bellhop kept, makes $29."

This is simply incorrect.

Everyone payed 3*10 = 30 dollars. The bellboy which should have given them 5, making it 25 dollars. But he was a nasty cheat gave them 3 dollars, which makes it 27, and kept 2 which makes it 29 dollars. But how many dollars the bellhop kept is totally irelevant.

So the sentence should be:

"basic maths shows 3*9 = 27, plus the 3 dollars the bellhop gave back, makes $30. So no dollar disappeared."

This is just the mental equivalent of the optical illusion. Riddle solved.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
G'day all..

(Byron Bay was where Mortal went, not me ;-) )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy