How Dare Somebody Say GP4 Is Graphically Poor

Posted by Glyn 
Re: How Dare Somebody Say GP4 Is Graphically Poor
Date: July 01, 2002 07:00AM
Posted by: Glyn
Could we have this post again in english please? :)

Date: July 01, 2002 08:48AM
Posted by: matthewp
the tarmac looks good (like in that picture) when your not moving or going slowly but when you speed up or look at it from a distance its a lot worse
Date: July 01, 2002 12:40PM
Posted by: BYF
I own both gp4 and f12002 and I think the graphics on both are o.k, both have there strong points and bad points though GP4's use of 2d trees and other 2d objects look very dated. In all honesty im very dissapointed with the graphics in both games especially with the cutting edge graphics cards on the market. I think the PC games industry needs to look at better and more efficient graphic engines rather than just demanding more system power of which GP4 is HUGE!. I also own an xbox and playstation 2 consoles and i cannot understand why they are so slagged off by pc gamers.

These consoles are 1/5 of the price of a good gaming PC and offer excellent graphics. Those who say console gamers are left behind in terms of upgrading should think again. I was playing gran turismo 3 on playstation2 over a year ago which features dynamic envionmental mapping and bump mapping, something that gp4 claims to be cutting edge! and is only supported by the latest gfx cards of £120 + (eg gf3 gf4, r8500). This all runs at 60fps with no drop in frame rate or processor occupancy @!#$! AT ANY TIME. Gran Turismo 3 still wips the arse off GP4 or f12002 graphically, this is down to great programming skills and getting the max out of the hardware NOT asking for more system power which is expensive and a lazy option. Rallyspot challenge on Xbox is also another example of this !
Date: July 01, 2002 01:49PM
Posted by: Doug
Graphics don't really make a game for me - graphics are a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Date: July 02, 2002 02:47AM
I agree with you Temnye.

You do need graphics to be able to play the game well, but graphics that look like they were created in 1999 are still excellent. See Quake III engine, still being used today.

If say GP5 had GP4's graphics but was everything we wanted, you wouldnt put it down and not play it because the graphics werent any better would you?

Date: July 02, 2002 06:00AM
Posted by: matthewp
well thats one of the reasons GP4 is slightly disapointing they've improved the graphics but very little else. Everyone seems to think that F1 200x game are made by EA Sports and this is one reason they hate them, the games are infact made by Image Space Incorporated, EA have pretty much nothing to do with the development of the games, they just release it. (just thought i'd let everyone know :)
Date: July 02, 2002 12:34PM
Thats quite often the case. For example RTCW has nothing to do with iD apart from they provided the engine.

I dont hate F1 2002 because its done by EA, inm fact I quite like the game. The simple fact is I perfer GP4 - if I didnt, I wouldnt be here :)

Im sure on F1 200x sites they do exactly the same as us. Say how better it is to GP4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy