******The new WTCC 2008 Mod by msater******- More Shapers needed. Are YOU going to volenteer to help on this fantastic mod?

Posted by msater 
@Duffer: for this mod we need only 4 different shapes
@msater: i want to join !
atm i'm sure i can make team art, gpaedia, load screens. Then maybe i could perf and phys and tyres.
I agree, mods take a long time, it's not just simply being productive, its finding the people with the free time when you want it that's mostly the problem. If you had a team that was dedicated to the mod with all their spare time, then a mod is theoretically not that much to do, but in reality it is much harder.

I agree
that is a very good analysis :)

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
I can also help with shapes. I've never done a car like this (well I started one but never finished it) but it would be an interesting experience. I just need a lot of good photos from a car (maybe the BMW or the Seat)

CTDP 3D-Artist

Why not honda or chevrolet? :-P
Gigi4 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why not honda or chevrolet? :-P

Because the other 2 cars are more interesting for me (mostly the BMW)

CTDP 3D-Artist

i think its a waste of time making touring car mods for gp4, but i wish you luck if your serious with it, although i hope you take into account how much work such a mod will take, i doubt you can get something released within 2 years. you should just take into account how hard it is to make such a mod for gp4, and think whether you will lose interest in a couple of months. theres already other games with wtcc, and will this really work for gp4 game engine?? will it improve on whats out there for other games- wtcc wise, and will people really want to play this on gp4? sometimes people get so excited about the idea of making a mod, but then, how many people play that old mod project gt for that was realesed for gp4 a few years ago? i played it once, its just not that good playing touring cars of gp4 engine, its good for f1 cars, as the on-rail feel of the game engine works, makes it feel high downforce. even the dtm mod for gp4, its a brilliant piece of work, and took a very very long time to make with lots of people, still doesnt reacreate the experience like rfactor mods which take much less time to make. then theres the crap mods released by meteor405 or whatever his name is, he probably puts in a lot of work, and if you can get it up to atleast his level, is it still enough to keep people interested?

Im just saying these things so you dont waste your time, and hope you realise that you will need to create something of very,very high standard to have more than 5 or 6 people interested in downloading such a mod. its a lot of work, but if your deadly serious about it then i wish you luck, and ill download it and try it.
Racervieh13 Wrote:
> Gigi4 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why not honda or chevrolet? :-P
>
> Because the other 2 cars are more interesting for
> me (mostly the BMW)

sure mate, i was joking
preferably i need another shaper, i'm rubbish...

anyone volenteering?

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
i will post WIP screens of G.Tarquini's helmet later tonight. about 8:00 british time.

Here is Gabriele Tarquini's WIP helmet. I still have a lot to do on it, but bear in mind I also have GPGSL helmets to do, so I don't get much time on this. But here's the picture:

As I said, I still have a lot to do, but it's coming along nicely. I hope to have it finished by Saturday/Sunday.

For more screens, go to racinggeneration.be

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2008 10:05PM by msater.
looking nice msater btw i want to help with textures for the car and the helmet if u need help

I'm not sorry for my english because i'm proud to be a dutchman
Greetzz The Gangsta from Tha Netherlands
In 1995 mod we have the Tarquini's helmet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
kerleyf1 Wrote:
> In 1995 mod we have the Tarquini's helmet.

andrey gave it too me anyway, but thanks for the offer. ;)

Ok, we desperately need more shapers for this mod. Is anyone going to volenteer to help shape a SEAT, Honda, Chevrolet, or Lada? Or will we have to cancel this mod because of lack of Shapers?

why dont you convert the cars from race,its much easier then making them from scratch,only takes a few hours when you know how..

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
LWC Wrote:
> why dont you convert the cars from race,its much
> easier then making them from scratch,only takes a
> few hours when you know how..

Because then we need to get permission from SimBin, and if we don't, we could get GPG, and the official modding forums at Racing Generation into a big mess.

Who says you need permission,i converted 4 full mods from race07,all working 100%, people have been converting simbins stuff for years,whats the big deal now ?

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
recent press release has stated that simbin will sue converted mods

but i don't know how sereous that was

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Exactly, thanks Shaddix. No on'es going to joke on suing converted mods, not even SimBin.

Does anyone know if there is a WTCC 2008/07 mod for rFactor?

Thanks for the info.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy