Gp4 Graphics test?? = Poor

Posted by BYF 
Gp4 Graphics test?? = Poor
Date: June 28, 2002 02:33PM
Posted by: BYF
Im just wondering to see if anyone else has had simalar problems to me with the graphics test in advanced graphics menu. It seems to be that the suggested frame rate from the test is very ambitious and inaccurate.

eg. my system= athlon 1800xp+
Geforce 3 ti200 - overclocked
256 ram

= 8100 3dmark 2001

The graphic test suggests using a frame rate of 51 fps on full settings with advanced lighting, bump mapping and static enviornment mapping all switched on in 1028x768.

However when using this fps of 51 the PO goes well over 100 even over 150 at certain parts of the tracks which destroys the speed of the racing experience. I have found that by virtually halving this figure of 51 to say 25 or 26 fps, gives a more realistic suggestion of what the frames per second should be set at. I have found that 30 fps is about the best i can set gp4 at in the above settings whilst maintaining a PO of below 100. At 30 fps I get 95-110 PO at the grid and between 50- 100 PO whilst racing. I will not tolerate a PO of more than 100 in a race, no matter how many cars are present as its like u are driving backwards in a reliant robin, not a state of the art F1 car.

any response appreciated
Re: Gp4 Graphics test?? = Poor
Date: June 28, 2002 02:46PM
Posted by: Xero
Thats actually pretty good compared to what the rest of us get!!! There is massive gfx problems with GP4... many patches are expected... 30 fps is decent with all the bump mapping etc. on!!!

Believe me, you're making most of us jealous!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy