Sakhir 2007 v1.1 (stable version) [RELEASED]

Posted by Ruboy 
Re: Sakhir 2007 v1.1 (stable version) [RELEASED]
Date: April 30, 2008 08:26AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNNN ..so i downloaded the upgrade of bahrain 2007 and of shaghai 2006 (to 2007 ) and whenever i press DRIVE the game crashes :O :O :O :O i am using tsm and i have done everything right so whjat could be the problem :?
Date: April 30, 2008 08:48AM
Posted by: vesuvius
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNNN ..so i downloaded the
> upgrade of bahrain 2007 and of shaghai 2006 (to
> 2007 ) and whenever i press DRIVE the game crashes
> :O :O :O :O i am using tsm and i have done
> everything right so whjat could be the problem :?

does other tracks work? maybe problems is not these tracks but something else like cars.wad...or then you have simply installed them somehow wrong.Also chekc that you play gp4 on debug mode and verbosity level set to medium or high.
Date: April 30, 2008 09:16AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
thanks for the quick response mate but eferything is ok the other tracks work well and only these two make problems
i wonder if this have sometihng to do with the plus compatibility
i dont know if those tracks are plus compatible ?:?
Date: May 01, 2008 04:00AM
Posted by: Tobchina
Unfortunately, didn't work for me, Sakhir 2007 v1.1 crashed at lap 5. I'm not using CSM, just replace imola2001 and dat 4 in the game, it works during the qualifying, but crashed during the race, this time too much earlier than the other version (crashs @ lap30). I have a very powerfull PC and I have Windows Vista 32 Ultimate so, it's not the computer and, all the other track works fine. For the short time I stayed in the track I realized that the grip of this version is lower than the other, even changing a lot the setup I have to brake at 150 mark (before I can brake at 100) and the car slip too much.
I'm sure you will find what is wrong and a v1.2 will come soon, until there, I'm out of Sakhir2007
Date: May 01, 2008 05:01AM
Posted by: Ruboy
I lowerd the grip because it was much too high before. Before you could do a 1:28 or something...that was pretty unrealistic so I had to slow down the track by 2-3 seconds.

There will be no v1.2 because there is nothing I can do. I am sorry that it does not work for you...for my testers it did so I was quite optimistic that it would for other people too. There might have occured a problem with some oject when converting the track but it's not possible to say what ight be the problem...it's surely the .gp4 but which objetcs or scenes is not known.

If it's worse than before then go back to v1.0 . And btw, in some weeks gildoorf and Prblanco will release a new version which is made up from scratch and thus should have no problems. UNtil then you have to live with it as it is now.

Btw, what are your and the cc-cars (ace level) best laptimes?

Date: May 02, 2008 04:52AM
OK, understood the reason of grip, but I drove in ace level and the times are still faster than the real, I had 1'28.124 (pole position) and the first 8 cc cars were in the same second, Hamilton which was the 8th, was 0.876 behind me. But, could be generated by the performance file, eventhough I lowered the power to 720, and I had 800 on the first two races of the champ. I did it to try to have more realistic times, but it continued higher.
Don't worry, I'll wait for another one, maybe for my next champ, as I just gave up of Bahrain, I reinstall the original Imola only to do an accelerated time (this one, even on accelerated time also crashed) and start Barcelona now, without problems, except Mass won this fake Imola and is leading the champ ...eheheh, more work to do.
Anyway, tanks again for all your efforts to improve the track, I'm sure a lot of other guys are running without problems, as you said, and this makes your work more than justified.
Date: May 02, 2008 05:22AM
Well, still that fast ? :o What laptimes did you have before? Are you using TSm...are you sure you did not change the magic data?

I used the 2006 and 2005 mods to configure the grip and I did 1:31 and 1:32....so I don't understand why you are so fast;-)

Date: May 02, 2008 06:29PM
Posted by: Jithendra
i installed this track through TSM.. it crashed the whole game and corrupted the exe... i think TSM had something to do with the corruption of the file. has any1 faced such problem?

Jithendra schreef:
> i installed this track through TSM.. it crashed
> the whole game and corrupted the exe... i think
> TSM had something to do with the corruption of the
> file. has any1 faced such problem?

I have installed if with TSM and drove yesterday a race of 21 laps with no crashes or problems at all. Sometimes i see some flickering textures and 1 of 2 that change from for example Vodafone to RBS again, old texture i think. But for the rest it works great. If you want i can upload my TSM version and send it over in private to try it out Jithendra :-)
Date: May 03, 2008 01:31AM
Posted by: rosberg91
Ruboy Wrote:
> Well, still that fast ? :o What laptimes did you
> have before? Are you using TSm...are you sure you
> did not change the magic data?
>
> I used the 2006 and 2005 mods to configure the
> grip and I did 1:31 and 1:32....so I don't
> understand why you are so fast;-)

are you using the v8torque by mariano ?
Date: May 03, 2008 11:53AM
Probably not...I 2006 mod also has a v8torque file included so I am using this one. The difference should not be that big...unless you also use other physics with extremely much grip.

So what were the laptimes before this new version? 1:25-1:26? The you should really check the physics or if magic data has been updated ;-)

Date: May 03, 2008 05:13PM
No, I didn't touch the magicdata, but the physics, it's one that came inside one mod2008 that I downloaded from our Orkut Brazilian community of gp4, so, I really don't know from where came the physics. So, considering I used the track like I downloaded it,the magicdata was untouched, the last alternative is the physics, than certainly is different than the one you used.
Date: May 03, 2008 06:54PM
Ok. So how quick are your laptimes at other tracks, f.e. Shanghai or A1-Ring (2007 version)?

Dear Ruboy:

The truks is GREAT ! but the problem of "Freezing of sreen" continues being.

I dont know why but is IMPOSIBLE to complete a Race 100%

Even I did not try shanghai new version released the last days, but also in the previous version is the same thing it "Freezing of sreen".

Regards and thanks for the Truck !!

Jaques.
Date: May 04, 2008 10:41AM
JaquesVilleneuve Wrote:

> I dont know why but is IMPOSIBLE to complete a
> Race 100%
> Even I did not try shanghai new version released
> the last days, but also in the previous version is
> the same thing it "Freezing of sreen".

Both tracks are based on a conversion, so it might be that some converted objects cause problems because I am pretty sure that it is .gp4 file related. Unfortunately it is not possible to locate the problem quickly so its bad luck fro some people who experience a crash or freeze. Only option in this case is to test different verbosity levels in GPxPatch.

As said, soon there will be another Sakhir version which is not based on this one here und thus will have completly new objects. So you have big chances hat the new one will work fine :)

> Regards and thanks for the Truck !!

And it's 'track' ;-)

Cheers

Dear Ruboy:

Yes... Truck is another big big car ! jajaja IS TRACK !!!! Sorry about my English, I am from Argentina...

I saw and realized that the GP5 does not work well with powerful computers and in high resolution, since the test is Pasagrada of Gildoorf's track, in low resolution it works well, I update to hi res and the screen freezes...
Will it be possible solve this?

I wait for the new versions of Sakhir and Shanghay, they are excellent tracks!!!

Jaques
Sorry.... GP4!
Date: May 05, 2008 10:56AM
Ruboy Wrote:
> Ok. So how quick are your laptimes at other
> tracks, f.e. Shanghai or A1-Ring (2007 version)?

I didn't run Shanghai in the Mod I'm playing, which will be the right comparison, using the same physics, etc. As soon as I have Shanghai times I'll let you know.
i don't know if anyone has this problem, happens also on some other tracks, only in rain session that there are adverts like in the screenshots below are getting mirrored below the advert. I have screenshot the adverts were it happens, found 7

Date: May 09, 2008 09:57AM
Posted by: fongu
has anyone had a problem where as soon as you click drive in gp4 menu you get a ctd? i had this with both the latest sakhir and shanghai updates, but managed to fix shanghai??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy