We - the members of this forum - are in the middle

Posted by dada 
We - the members of this forum - are in the middle
Date: April 16, 2008 08:04PM
Posted by: dada
GPX thanks Jcaranti for the 2007 Mod

CSM latest update exclude the 2007 Mod as a leached mod

Pls ... what should i do ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2008 09:00PM by dada.
Re: We-the members of this forum-are in the middle
Date: April 16, 2008 08:15PM
Posted by: Shaddix
what I heared is that all permissions where given at the time of the release of the mod and that someone has convinced some of the autors to withdraw their permission
not very good for the community I think...

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: April 16, 2008 08:21PM
Posted by: Laguna
So Jcaranti is a leecher...
He is in csm black list
First rule:
You won't L E E C H others work

I can smell the perfume of hypocresy...

GP4-ARGENTINA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2008 08:26PM by Laguna.
Date: April 16, 2008 08:27PM
Posted by: Shaddix
and why do you think he is a leecher?

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: April 16, 2008 08:31PM
Posted by: dada
3 weeks ago the mod was ok ... now is a leeched mod ... if someone give back his permission it becomes ok again ...

The 3 permissions rule seems ok ... but at least must be a time-limit to redraw your permission.

I have to be a 'hostage" of "friend relationship" of some people , to be able to play a mod.?

A team work is a "for ever hostage" of the team members friendship ...?

i Am makin some "maybe fools" questions ...

Date: April 16, 2008 08:34PM
Posted by: vesuvius
yeah quite stupid that it turned out like this ...but we know who the complainer member is ...it's same guy like always, so nothing new :)
Laguna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So Jcaranti is a leecher...
> He is in csm black list
> First rule:
> You won't L E E C H others work
>
> I can smell the perfume of hypocresy...

Well first of all you can't spell hypocrisy. And Jcaranti did not leech the mod, all the permission where there when he released it, for some reason these have now been removed because of other people, not sure who, none of us really know.

He is a good guy and worked hard on the mod, made sure he took out things he didnt have permission for before he released it, even though these permissions were taken away at like 2 days before the release.

That is all....
Date: April 16, 2008 08:51PM
Posted by: Monza972
Agree with feel here. Nobody protested when the mod was being built and except for a couple of errors, it was ok again. So i don't see why someone would go and black list the Mod without any evidence what so ever
Re: We - the members of this forum - are in the middle
Date: April 16, 2008 09:41PM
Posted by: mortal
Ok, you may have seen the thank you post for the CSM2007Mod here in the forum, that is part of what's been going on.
As to the reason why the permissions were removed after the fact I cannot rightly say. Apparently someone has got their nose out of joint and put personal problems ahead of the community. I can say I spent three hours yesterday morning my time sending pm's back and forth to try and negotiate a fix to get this mod released back into the community. It appears to me that little thought has been given to the hundreds, if not more, people that have already downloaded the mod, to find that now it has been blocked.
Part of the deal to get this mod back into the community where it belongs was to have the copyrights removed, which I agreed on. I see the mod not being the sole effort of one person, this is a community piece of work, ok, one person put it together, but without everyone else there would be nothing. A bit like this website, without its members there is also nothing. I also suggested that a text be inserted into the mod, as well as being made public, outlining the special part the creators of the work played in being a part of the mod, that also has been done and has been made public as requested.
I have been told that a new exe has been given out to enable further work on the mod, to facilitate the re-release. Although there is one member here, and perhaps others, who has told me he will do all he can to prevent the re-release of it. Why? Yes "Why" I can now hear you all ask? Because obviously this person is putting his own personal views about the mod creator ahead of the best interests of this community.
I have heard this morning that work is being done on confirming permissions, other than that, my advice is to stay calm, I will post more news as and when it becomes available. I ask you all to refrain from making accusations, or inflammatory posts, as this will do little to help the situation move forward in a good way, which is what I would like to see. To have this resolved in a satisfactory manner, which pleases everyone concerned, is in the best interests of the gp4 community.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 16, 2008 09:45PM
Posted by: fongu
Zaz has seen what a number of the authors have said to him (co-erced or not) and has taken the action that seems fitting to the evidence he has before him.

Now me personally, I have no problems with my things being in this mod, and I see that Jcaranti is doing what he can to rectify the problem

Date: April 16, 2008 09:51PM
I spoke to Zaz yesterday. I'm well up with what's been going on.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
What if Jorge simply calls it F1 2007 Season and not JCaranti and friends or anything like that? Definitely made it look to me that it was his mod but perhaps a simple title change (and CSM name) may help?
Date: April 16, 2008 10:03PM
Possibly. That's worth looking at. We shall see, the permissions are being worked on now. That's all I can say on it for the time being.

Date: April 17, 2008 03:13AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Shaddix Wrote:
> what I heared is that all permissions where given
> at the time of the release of the mod and that
> someone has convinced some of the autors to
> withdraw their permission
> not very good for the community I think...

You need to get your facts correct. Its not because jorge post something on his forum he is right about it. Those persons that complained towards zaz to blacklist this mod did it on own move, they weren't convinced by someone or contacted by someone. If jorge have proof on this i would love to see it but there isn't cause it never happend.
Date: April 17, 2008 06:51AM
I believe that some of the posts in that forum around this issue leave a lot to be desired. Playing the victim is one thing, but self-sabotage is another.
That does not advance the cause at all, it only derails it. Should know better.

Date: April 17, 2008 06:55AM
Posted by: Nickv
mortal schreef:
> my advice is to stay calm,

I was just planning to riot :(

It's sad that the GP4 community is falling apart like this. Some years ago, problems like this didn't really excist. Now people are giving and then withdrawing their permissions. I can understand they have their reasons, but the community isn't getting any better of it.
Date: April 17, 2008 07:03AM
Posted by: gezere
I am feeling that a lot of people begin to understand who is who in this
issue....
Anyway, the alone thing I know about it is Jorge is contacting all authors to get another formal permission.
FYI, yesterday, he got it for all the files where I was involved (RedBull, Toro Rosso and Isaint's R27)

does he keeps that premission gezere if he adds me in the credits for testing and fixing bugs out of his mod? I removed myself out of the credits so the mod could be released for the community. Due your blackmail months ago to remove the premission for your cars and paolo's when my name was added in the credits for his mod so whats the status on that then.

Oh yeah i didn't go complaining towards zaz but it can be said in the open since you are open in here about your premission.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2008 07:11AM by Bigbrother.
Date: April 17, 2008 07:42AM
Posted by: gezere
bla bla bla bla bla.....

well then if he gets the premission again, i want to see my name in the credits for the work i did on the mod, so an update is needed to get it added into the mod.

bla bla bla yeah right:

Not photoshopped at all, can send you all the 44 pages if you want. So don't come in here and play the saint when you and paolo hold back the release of this mod for months due the blackmailing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2008 07:51AM by Bigbrother.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy