[RELEASED] GP4 1996 Season - v1.0 (after 13 years now!) - NEWS: 1996 Trackpack v0.5 in first post!

Posted by kerleyf1 
This project not die. We have great GP4 modder and painter work togheter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
I love to drive this cars :-)
Kev, I'm back from my vacations for the weeding. If you can, please contact me to do the final things on 96 with Célio and I.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I don't want to appear selfish or annoying, but is there any news on the mod from this great season? Looks great so far!
Some cars are in progress to finish this mod.

Sorry again.

I'm hoping to have some more to show in a short time from now

I´m really looking forward to this season, as the Jordan of 96 came out with one of the best looking liveries ever (IMO). Take your time:-)
Fongu bring us with great NEW shapes. Célio is painting some.

CSM stuff and minor things are ready.

I think the mod are all ready now, but at the initial point we would use the converted cars (with authorization from "crachking";) from F1c. Now, like I said, Fongu bring us new incredible shapes (you can see some pics in other page posts, e.g: Forti and Minardi). We get authorization for Ferrari and Benetton (already relesed). Helmets done (thanks Fongu).

I think Jordan and Ligier are actual Fongu's work on shape.

Thanks for patience guys, I know, I know..... some years of W.I.P by me (from initial post).... sorry, soon you will get a good mod.

Don't apologise guys, we know you're working on these mods in your own free time.

Glad to hear of the progress, can't wait!
Looking forward to play this wonderful mod with the 1996 cars
Take you time kerleyf1
I'm new here and I can not stop looking at the amazing job they have been doing.:-o
I'm a fan of the 1996 and 97 seassons, I really like the cars of those years.
I saw some photos and are amazing, I would like to help but I have no idea how.

I hope to see more progress soon.
Greetings and encourage in this job

Federico
You could learn how to map the cars that are ready for painting - that's the main hold up as far as I'm aware to some of my cars not yet being released. It's not too difficult to pick up with a bit of help.

In the meantime, just a few final touches needed to finish off this little number (thanks to Oggo for the Benetton front end). The Ligier JS43

Ah my all time favorite f1 car!
Looks terrific!
Would be happy to help, although I have no experience.
Tell me what programs I need to download and try to help us

Greetings
FEDE
fefster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would be happy to help, although I have no
> experience.
> Tell me what programs I need to download and try
> to help us
>
> Greetings
> FEDE

for the mapping,in gp4 the most known programs are surely:
-Zmodeler
-3ds max

(both may be used for modeling too;-))

actually,i can't give you a proper opinion about both,as far as i know how to map in Zmodeler,and it's quite easy,but for a good mapping you need to select the right faces,and the mapping won't be done all in one time,and you may get annoyed from the selection tools(like me).
on 3ds max the selection is very easy(i tried to map a wheel time ago,and succedeed),and it helps a lot.the only problem is that when you're done you need to use the crappy 3ds format to get on Zmodeler(that works as a "mediatore";(the term it's italian like me;))between 3ds max and GP4Builder).why crappy 3ds format?simply.it messes the normals and unwelds the vertexs into some points.

You can solve that when you are in 3ds max.Select all the shape,then go to Element and go to Smoothing Groups.Then,click on AutoSmooth.So,the shape will be automatically "normalized",and the little window will show you some numbers selected.They are all the smoothing groups used in the shape.You choose Select by SG,select one of those numbers,and you will see that only some faces are selected.Then Detach those faces to Object.Make sure of having an object for smoothing group at the end,so that every object will have only number "1" selected in the Smoothing Groups window.Now you're ready to export in 3ds format and in gp4 from Zmodeler.open the file in gp4builder,open an object and press on "weld unwelded vertexs" for every object.then attach all objects.you're done;-)

in future I should consider to write a little tutorial with pics.much easier for sure;)

My GPGSL Career
If you wanted to use zmodeler, there's a good tutorial by Oggo on GP4Italia website :)

Thanks guys(H)
Next week I'll be home alone, I will try to learn zmodeler or 3d max to help.

I love the 96 season, I like very much the williams and benettons and all cars of this year
In this season I remember, the great maneuver of Jacques over Michael in a parabolic curve of Estoril, I can not wait to play !!!!!!;)
Greetings
I remember Japan 1996...;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy