Easter egg: Shanghai 2006 [hi-res] by 32Bobo32 & Ruboy: RELEASED

Posted by Ruboy 
FINALLY!!! Ladies and gentlemen...start your engines ;)

People have been waiting for a long time and they probably thought this project had died...well, indeed there was 0% progress for more than 13 months ;) ...but after my exams I had some free time and I gained motivation to finish the work Samuele (32Bobo32) had done before.
Samuele converted this track and added a lot of objects so that everything became good looking. Further he did a very good job on the .dat file and also .col file...everything is smooth and looks promissing so that it was a quite good version in december 2006 ;) But as we're never satisfied we continued with modifactions and in the last days I updated kerbs, runoff areas, banks, verges. New objects have been added and a new set of realistic track textures plus hi-res adverts was created to provide the best graphics possible.

The track is fully PLUS compatible. This is the 2006 version...the 2007 verision will follow a few weeks later because there will be additional modifcations.
I will include mid-res textures for users with low-spec computers.

Here some important information about the project:

Title: Shanghai 2006
Size: 22.2 mb (unpacked hi-res .wad file: 45.2 mb; updated medium-res .wad file: 27.2 mb)
Authors: Samuele Pinna (32bobo32), Martin Schubert (Ruboy)
Based on: Conversion from Toca Race Driver 3
Description: track for Grand Prix 4: Shanghai Circuit as seen in the F1 GP of China 2006

Thanks to:
Fongu, Paolo, TTM, Tony [PLUS update 2006]
HoldenRT and Lee1971 [sky dome with photorealistic sky]
Tony [team trucks]
jimbob1 [fixing a serious CTD problem]
Ricardo Lampert [two .jip files]
TTM [white border line texture]
Willb [pitfloor texture]
Nuno Espadinha [no "R" replay logo]
Duffer [Replay Controller 1.0]
Fast_Alonso [screenshots]
and last but not least Lo2k [GP4Builder] who made track editing possible for GP4 :)

=============================================================================================================

* CONSTRUCTION *

Software used: GP4Builder, TexResizer 2.4, SlimTex, cmagic4_102 and diverse painting software for textures
Known bugs: minor problem with shadow on starting light banner from a certain point of view
Build Time: 3 months, although project has been started at the end of 2006

* INSTALLATION *

Copy the 'gridleft.jip' and 'gridline.jip' files into the MAPS/RESOURCES/jams folder in your GP4 main directory by overwriting the old ones. The

new .jip files are responsible for correct display of the white lines on the track.

(option 1) You want to play the track by using TSM. If so, please read the CSM/TSM instructions how it works.

(option 2) You want to play the track by choosing the 'classical' method, that means replacing another track with the new one.
**Please BACKUP your files before installing !
Copy the a1ring2001.wad into your GP4 main directory (by overwriting the old file).
Copy the s1ct06.dat into the 'Circuits' folder of your GP4 main directory (by overwriting the old file).

Note: Please run GPxPatch in debug mode set to medium or low. Otherwise the track might not work.

* OTHER INFORMATION *

This is the high resolution version. You can insert medium resolution textures for peter performance (reduce PO) by updaing the

a1ring2001.wad file with the textures from the 'medium-res textures' folder.
Use WadUpdater or Easywad (ZaZ GP4 Tools) to update the a1ring2001.wad file. For more info refer to the help of these programs.

Enjoy the fantastic preview screenshots by fast_alonso :) Thanks, they are so cool and make look it much better than expected :)

Let's take a track walk at first :)

And now let's ride onboard with the Williams :)

And here some trackside views :)

The track is now online :)
[www.gp4db.com]
[racesimspitstop.co.uk]
[www.gp4italia.org]

Greetings from 32Bobo32 and Ruboy :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2008 07:59PM by Ruboy.
fantastic as always Martin!

can't wait to try it out, great way to welcome 2008!

Please thank Samuele...without him I wouldn't even have compeletd the .dat until now...even though this track was my priority ;)

@32Bobo32 & Ruboy ... looks really nice :)
Awesome...very cool guys :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
As said Martin, I'm ever there for my friends ;-)

Also big congrats to Samuele, this is damn well done mate and I'm out of words :)

Stunning and outstanding job from both of you!!!

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2008 02:47AM by fast_alonso.
What a nice surprise :)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Re: Easter egg: Shanghai 2006 [hi-res] by 32Bobo32 & Ruboy: release soon
Date: March 09, 2008 03:34AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Very Nice Samuele and Martin !!!

Ruboy@ I knew it, i said in your other thread! jejeje.

What a great surprise guys.

Cheers :)
Looks fantastic
ALL RIGHT, COOL! Amazing work guys.
Samuele and Ruboy

thanks mates, finally Full pledged shangai came to GP4

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
jejejejejejejejejeje!!!!!!!!!
much obliged!!!!!!
Release soon!!!!!!!!!!!
wow, it looks fantastic! great work

X (@ed24f1)
Good job, Samuele and Martin.. :)
awesome, can't wait :)

Looks great :) (but not HD?)

____
Tony

b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks great :) (but not HD?)

I know...that's the thing I don't like about this track ;) It's not HD because Samuele started this project more than one and a half year ago and I think this feature was available just after he had finished converting the track...It would have been too much work for me to recreate all the stuff.

Nice surprise guys. Thanks.
What's the difference between HD and non-HD track..?

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
@ Samuele & Ruboy: Really nice :)

I looking forward to this Track and Monaco :)
Re: Easter egg: Shanghai 2006 [hi-res] by 32Bobo32 & Ruboy: release soon
Date: March 09, 2008 10:53AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
looks a beaut :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy