Realistic edited GP4 screens...

Posted by Rainey 
Realistic edited GP4 screens...
Date: March 21, 2002 09:00AM
Posted by: Rainey
Copy and paste the URL into a new browser window:

[www.geocities.com]

Inspired by Xero's edits. Its made to simulate the effect of a TV broadcast, tell me what you think, and post you own efforts here.
Re: Realistic edited GP4 screens...
Date: March 21, 2002 09:13AM
Posted by: marcvb
Nice work - I like the bottom one the most!
Btw, those edits that Xero posted are mine :)

What program do you use?
Marc :)

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: March 21, 2002 09:51PM
OH! Sorry man, credit to Marc then for the inspiration, I didn't notice... :)

I used Photoshop 6 like you I think, I made bigger versions, but I reduced it to be a small download for you guys, it looks even better full size. I'll explain how I did it:

First I made a blue 'screen' over the image, and reduced the opacity to about 30%, changed the layer blend mode to 'Overlay' and then flattened all layers. The pic should now look like a true-to-life colour image with a blue'ish tarmac instead of their default 'sludge' colour.

Second I applied 'Render>Lighting Effects' and chose the light to be an 'Omni' in the center of the image, so the center is overexposed and the outsides of the image gets a slight bit darker.

Thirdly I applied some 'Texture>Grain' and set it to horizontal grain for the interlaced (liney) effect across the screen (similar to that of a VVega Television), the bigger the image size, the more detailed the lines will be, and it will look better.

Fourth and finally you can apply a tiny bit of vertical 'spherize' deformation to give the impression of a slightly fish-eye camera lens.
Date: March 22, 2002 03:43AM
Posted by: marcvb
NP Rainey,

Usually, I create a new layer, add white, change the opacity to aruond 40% and change the layer blend mode to overlay :) Similar huh? :P
For the t-cam I usually apply the Omni light effect - like you do ;)
However, they do not work on all pics since some pics have parts which needs to be brightened more than others.

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: March 22, 2002 06:08AM
Posted by: Habi
I really like these pics, especially the "TV effect", but if we go for "REAL", i prefer Marc's edits.

Date: March 22, 2002 06:50AM
Marc, It appears as though we thought the same thing on how to do this, using the 'Overlay' blending mode and stuff. It shows that great minds think alike. :)

Habi, yeah I think Marc has got a more realistic look of what everything looks like through our eyes, thats why I tryed to be clever and make it look like a broadcast.

I've put up a screenshot of the steps I did this in, it is also a bigger version so it looks a bit better, the URL is:

[www.geocities.com]
Date: March 22, 2002 10:47AM
Posted by: Vader
I don't need GP4. This is a GpxPatch screenshot of my GP3. Look at the carshape and the liveries - almost no distortion there. It even has hands on the wheels. How much more realistic can a game be?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 22, 2002 11:56AM
Posted by: LS.
LOL @ Vader yet again :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 22, 2002 12:29PM
Posted by: Xero
lol @ Vader.... and Boba LS... and what the 'ell... @ Chris too!!! ;)
Date: March 22, 2002 02:45PM
It is damn easy to get at that way. You just have to install GpxPatch on your TV set to get GpxTV. Start your tele via GpxPatch, chose the GpxTV tab and check which TV station you want to see the race on, i.e. ITV or RTL or whatever. When the race starts on the tele, start GP3 simultanously. Be careful to chose the right track - for next weekend fior example chose "Brazil", preferable Bruno's version. Now you can race together with the big boys and all the world will see you´r driving live on TV. But be careful: some ppl might overeact if championship competeors get kicked out by unexpirienced GP3 racers.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 22, 2002 02:47PM
do you need a tv out card to connect it gpxpatch to your tv?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 22, 2002 02:49PM
has MS barged you off the track yet then?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 22, 2002 02:51PM
You only need a TV out card if you want to play on digital TV. Usually the TV signal goes out over a normal aerial cable that you plug into the coaxial jack at the back of your monitor. In case you have a flat screen refer to your manual or ask your local shop for help.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 22, 2002 02:54PM
so what happens when you get a blue flag during the real race, can you ignore it? coz gp3 does'nt support it

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 23, 2002 04:16PM
The stewards pick you up at home and give you a good hiding.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 24, 2002 05:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

LOL @ Everyone in this thread!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 24, 2002 07:21PM
They lost me about 10 posts back. :)
Date: March 25, 2002 01:58PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Thats common round here :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 27, 2002 05:35AM
They lost me about 10 posts back. :)

Thats common round here :P

---------------------

Since getting lost is common round here and we do not want any memebers of this forum to be lost, I have given this problem some thinking (which it, the problem, graciously accepted to take).

The
Institute for Unlimited Creative Knowledge
proudly presents:

THE GPS CONTROLLED THREAD:

Once you enter this thread - you don't have to post, just opening it is sufficiant - automatically installs some kind of a trojan horse on your PC. Don't worry, it does no harm, it just checks your current location and tries to match it with the GPS data provided from the newly launched GP3.COM satelitte that orbits the world since early March. Since the webmaster and Bruno have enough other work to do, thgey asked me - as the inventor - to take care of this service. You can know send a a mail to [freenet.de] and kindly ask me where you are.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 27, 2002 08:17PM
Oh, ok, so I'm not lost anymore, just confused. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy