piece of @!#$

Posted by zem1313 
piece of @!#$
Date: March 05, 2002 06:02AM
Posted by: zem1313
well well
if you put all the things about GP4 on this forum into a box you'll get a huge piece of @!#$, from point of view at least
This isn't a real 4th version of GP, but it is the 2nd version of "Watching unreal realistic GP races on the PC". GP3 was hard at the edge, GP3 2000 was a joke and GP4 seems to become a real, nice, cute, dumb Xbox game for Billy Boy and his kids.
This sucks!!!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before!!!

And the best thing is, that the whole grandprix3 forum goes gaga about!
Re: piece of @!#$
Date: March 05, 2002 06:30AM
Posted by: Habi
All i can say is

@#$%& OFF

Tell me some good reasons WHY GP4 is @!#$. Then you can talk that IT IS @!#$.
I see some BIIIIIG improvements in GP4, i don't know why you think it's worse. It looks far better than F1 2001 (and of course F1 2002 :))

Date: March 05, 2002 08:44AM
- where is the fuel consumption implemented in a realistic way? This is one of the key features in about 50% of all races!
- where is the realistic tyre handling? especially where is the special handling the michelin tyres need and their grappy wets and intermediates?
- where is personalized AI for each driver?
- where is jump start?
- where is pitline speeding?
- where is the safety car?
- where is pitline exit crossing?
- where is pit probs? especially with the refueling rig?
- where is internetplay? LOL!!!!
- where is a 7th gear? LOL!!!!

Don't you see it?
The list is endless man!
Date: March 05, 2002 09:00AM
and...
on the other hand you are right, the graphix are better!!!
animated pit crew, marshals, superb track grafix, ..... just bring it on!!!

that's why i said it is the 2nd version of a "watching unreal realistic GP races on the PC"-Application. I can completely understand that driving aids, one-fast-lap junkies will like it a lot, but hey, that wasn't the initial idea of Geoff. There are thousands of other games out there for needs like that, but to claim the crown of F1 sims by releasing the 3rd version of a game without a 7th gear and many of the other things i mentioned above is pretty much a big a pile of @!#$!!!
Date: March 05, 2002 09:18AM
Posted by: LS.
you don't work for EASports by any chance do you?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 05, 2002 09:20AM
Posted by: CMJH69
Zem i agree with you on some points. For gp4 to be the best F1 SIM it needs to ALL the features that you mentioned above. I guess we are all expecting to much from Geoff and his team! :(

Date: March 05, 2002 10:36AM
I understand but you said "it sux!" <--- WRONG! its still the best F1 sim out there, maybe not perfect but better than anything else :)

P.S. LOL LS :)

Date: March 05, 2002 11:31AM
Posted by: sega
I think when people hear the word 'sim' they expect too much and that's a little naive. We can't forget that despite GP3 and GP4 have a good level of realism they are games!!!!!! (nobody expects that SimCity behaves exactly like a real city!!!!!).

A real simulation, like some people expect, would cost millions and you would need a 'super-computer' to run it. So please stop dreaming. Some of the things you are asking for, simply would ruin GP4 (as a game) despite they are real. We can't forget what's the main goal of Microprose: sell the game, so it has to be (kind of) funny and attractive.

Let's be honest: Most of the people doesn't really like a game like GP2 or GP3 (and GP4, too) they think they are too tricky and complicated. If Microprose (Mr. Grammond) keep making the game more and more real (thus, more difficult), there would be so few potential customers (maybe us) that a copy would cost hundreds or even thousands so...

P.S. excuse me if i wrote somethig wrong. my english come and go

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: March 05, 2002 01:33PM
Posted by: dave
Let's be honest: Most people don't really like games like GP2 or GP3 (and GP4, too) they find them too tricky and complicated. If Microprose (Mr. Grammond) kept making the game more and more realistic (thus, more difficult), there would be so few potential customers (maybe us) that a copy would cost hundreds or even thousands so...

Sega, you said it all.
Date: March 05, 2002 02:10PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Sega is right, Microprose isnt aiming for perfect realism unfortuantly for us cos everyone knows F1 cars arent easy to drive. If they made it perfect then it would be TOO hard, even harder than GPL *gasp*. If he didn this people dont buy it, geoff loses money.

Unfotuantly we here want realism but the majority dont

Zem,

- where is jump start? - where is it then? What good F1 game is it in?

3rd version of a game without a 7th gear - well since GP4 is based in 98 and most cars in 98 didnt have 7th gears i say the 7th gear wasnt in GP3 cos most f1 teams didnt run it.

It wasnt in GP3 2000 cos this was simply a small developmet over GP3

You said GP3 2000 was worse than GP3? Well i have never heard that argument before. The only things i didnt like were the PO went up on my comp and the new steering wheel wasnt too nice.

So what made GP3 2000 worse than GP3? (i really cant wait for this answer)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 05, 2002 02:56PM
huh i just wrote a long post but then i said it wont help so i deleted.
But i must admit i was laughing at that list of missing features :)

Date: March 05, 2002 03:12PM
Posted by: dave
particularly this one:

- where is pit probs? especially with the refueling rig?

I want to know:
-where is the gastroenteritis problems when you have had a bit of a dodgy curry the night before and the growling stomach effects your concentration
-where is the times when the electric roller door fails and you have to get someone to manually open the door for you
Date: March 06, 2002 04:27AM
well
you are right! most of you at least. and exactly that is the sad thing. aren't you able to see the break in the GP series since Hasbro took over, some month befor GP3 was released?
I don't know since when you are playing Geoffs F1 games. I started back in the old days with F1GP. it was fabulous!!! you could feel the different approach the dev team had, it was something different. Some years later GP2 was pretty much the same, it just blew your socks off. One of the best games ever made. The GP2 days have been the days when i started using the internet and already back then we had lists of missing things. the most wished feature has been realistic weather (which we already have had in F1GP, kind of). but this happened to be pretty much the only important (concerning gameplay/realism) thing that dissapeared from the list since then. ok. then hasbro came in. some months later GP3 was released and it was hard at the edge. everybody was overwhelmed by the weather, but after one week many people pulled out the good old GP2 list and got a bit dissapointed. shortly later GP3 2000 came out, and it was a crappy thing. crappy because it exactly showed in which direction the dev is going. Not a single gameplay feature was treated, but graphix.
well, and now we are somewhere near (LOL) the release of GP4 and the pattern is just the same. when you are old enough, pull out your GP2->GP3 wish list and you will find out that you could use it pretty much like it is. and there is another very sad thing which came in shortly, MS Xbox. Geoffs GP series on a console!!!!!! NAAAAHH!! well, that was it. another excellent product (the GP series in general) is sold, sold, sold. and as you have said before, the money part is getting more and more important. so, to make it clear, i am just extremely dissapointed how Geoff's talent is wasted. and if you are smart enough, please try to think this thought till the end. MS try to find its way into console producers and manage to buy one of the best PC games (best game of the sim genre at least) and the new version of the game will be released in the same month for PC and console. so, where do you think the money is spent? you have 3 guesses! so, please, take a step back and take a good look. the GP4 Xbox graphix will blow your socks off like hell and everybody, well at least the only important person, will be happy, and nobody, at least nobody of any importance, will hear your cries about another crappy GP PC version.
And the saddest things of all will be, that most of you are satisfied with GP4, cause it just serves your needs.
Date: March 06, 2002 04:42AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Man, some people need to know when to press ENTER and make Paragraphs in here.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: March 06, 2002 03:51PM
Posted by: Morbid
Cool it Zem...

You might be right about several of your points, but launching this thread, like it was a nuclear war is a really bad idea. You are pushing people away that might agree with some of the things that you say, because you are almost bursting with anger/bitterness/disappointment. And the exaggerations are not helping either:

Quote: "the most wished feature has been realistic weather (which we already have had in F1GP, kind of)."

Oh yeah, I would trade in the weather scenarios in GP1 and GP2 in for the dynamic weather in GP3 any day of the week...

Quote: "shortly later GP3 2000 came out, and it was a crappy thing. crappy because it exactly showed in which direction the dev is going. Not a single gameplay feature was treated, but graphix."

Simply NOT true. Graphics was the feature that got the LEAST attention! Liveries, carshapes, helmets were all disasters.

The physics were changed, and IMHO were a big improvement on GP3. No more running springs so soft that you thought you where using pillows - (much more plack wear). Sound from the other cars. New differential settings (from 3 to 10x9x8x7 = 5040!!). Extended replay options (from 1 to 90 minutes). Tyre wear (both amount and wear pattern)much closer to real life conditions. Much improved AIs in both defence and offence. Need I go on?

Quote: "And the saddest things of all will be, that most of you are satisfied with GP4, cause it just serves your needs."

Oh yeah, insults are really going to get you a lot of friends in this discussion. Your posts in this thread are inches from flame-baiting/trolling...

As I was saying, you might be right in some of your points, but your choice of communicative style and content really needs some improvement. Whats wrong Zem? I really don´t remember you being like this before...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 12, 2002 02:43PM
Posted by: carson
!!!THIS TOPIC MUST BE DELETED NOW!!!
AND FURTHER SUCH MAILS TOO!!!
i don` know who leeds this site(THE SITE IS NATURAL BEAUTY), but realy this topic MUST be deleted!!!!
kiss my as zem

GP1
GP2
GP3
GP3 2000

those are the most realistic games for their times when they were made

=============================================
=!!!!Michael S. and his team Ferrari rulz!!!=
=============================================
Date: March 12, 2002 04:18PM
Posted by: Xero
You have got to be kidding yourself Zem!!!!!!

OK, i'm gonna have to guess that your either an EA/F1 2001 fan, or simply the biggest a$$hole I have ever seen!!!! Whats your problem?!

If you don't like the GP series, then don't come here and act like an ass!

As far as the rest of us (or most of us) are concerned, GP4 looks simply stunning! The gfx are amazing, and im sure things like fuel consumption, 7th gear, real penalties etc... were brought to GC's attention a long time ago... they will be in the game, no "ifs" about it!

Any idea when it is coming out?!
Date: March 12, 2002 08:26PM
Posted by: Morbid
Hey back off dudes!!!

1) zem is usually a nice guy. Yeah so maybe he slipped up here, but thats no reason to jump him. Give the dude a brake, and realize that it might you next time someone slips up in public.

2) Cut the harsh language! That is clearly out of line!

3) And usually threads do not get deleted here! And there is no edit button. The priniciple is quite simply - You say what you say, and you get judged by that. There is no: "Uhm wait, I take that back and will do something else!", unless you say so in public yourself. That is why we have to treat each other in a decent and civil manner.

I trust that you can understand why this is important, and also that I intend no offense or disrespect. After all, we are a community of friends right?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 12, 2002 08:57PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Zem, if you hate the sims so much cause they suck, why don't you make one yourself? Ahh, no programming knowledge, then STFU and be happy there are sims to play with.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: March 13, 2002 02:17AM
Posted by: Triton
f1 2001 fan?
buhahahahahaaa
ppl who like f1 play gp3 (gp4 soon)
ppl who dont care about f1 play f1 2001
how much more simple do u want it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy