2 new screenshots

Posted by LS. 
Re: 2 new screenshots
Date: February 23, 2002 01:34PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

see, this is what a proper F1 sim should LOOK like! GP4 so far is looking like toy cars for GP3 on new tracks.

Why does the GP4 jag have "bests" on the side rather than Becks? They only run that in France where thers an alchol ban in sport.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 23, 2002 02:53PM
Posted by: sega
Those ferrari, prost and jauar are great!!!. They are almost photos. Look at the mirrors!!!!. Do the game really look like this????

by the way: why the wheels on gp3 looks soooo bad in the outside views of the cars?. Is there any way of improving that (don't think so).

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: February 23, 2002 03:05PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah i agree, if gp4 would look like that, it would be amazing

Date: February 23, 2002 04:09PM
Posted by: matthewp
I don't know why people say gameplay on F1 2001 is crap, I love it, the sensation of speed is awesome, it really feels like your doing 200 MPH and it doesn't feel like your drivnig on rails i.e. GP3. after playing it I went back to Gp3 and it just felt so slow and boring. i've played Gp3 for years and gp2 before it but when I played F1 2001 it made me realise that gp3 was nowhere near as good as it should have been considering how fantastic gp2 was for its time. I just hope GP4 delivers what it promises to.
Date: February 23, 2002 04:21PM
Yo Sup

I havent played F1 2001, but i do have the game, it just doesnt work with my current graphics card but i want to try it.

By the looks of it GP4 doesnt promise much. It looks very like GP3, no real big differences appart from seperate car shapes and new pit crews.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 23, 2002 04:44PM
Posted by: _Alex_

In this shot, the graphics are great but they look like Formula Fords or something - but I agree, those modified F1 2001 pics generally look better, but remember - F1 2001 tracks are @!#$, and so is the gameplay - I'd rather just have a realistic F1 sim like Gp3, but with a fairly decent graphics engine. I'm sure Ralph Hummerich and these carshape experts will soon have us pointing in the right direction... that's assuming that Geoff C doesn't - which is unlikely!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 23, 2002 04:47PM
Posted by: Bm
I finally played to f12001 this morning and found that game as almost sh**
I didn´t like the gameplay , that game was make for steering wheel Which I don´t have !
the only thing that I liked was the carshape and carskin
even the tracks on f12001 were bad , I prefer much more gp3 tracks !
Date: February 23, 2002 04:56PM
Yo Sup

But like GP3s graphics cant the F1 2001 tracks be downloaded and greatly improved?

Date: February 23, 2002 04:59PM
Posted by: LS.
carshapes don't really matter, they can be altered .

the reason that i posted these pictures was to show you how they can be, and hopefully we'll get the same.

all things aside, the graphics are shithot

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 23, 2002 05:07PM

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 23, 2002 05:09PM
Yo Sup

Got a point, GP3 may have better gameplay in most opinions but nobody can deny that F1 2001 looks much much better.

Even though GP4 is only in develoment and those F1 2001 pics are from Ralhs carset F1 2001 must have a great graphics engine to support graphics like this. GP3 couldnt do this!

Date: February 23, 2002 06:52PM
well tonight after posting these pictures, i loaded up F12001 and the ralph hummerich carset for 2001, and my system

windows xp, 1.4 gb cpu 512 pc 133 ram geforce 2 gts and the latest version of the nvidia detonator drivers could'nt get f12001 running at the same frame rate as gp3

f1 2001 may look like the dogs bollocks when viewing the screenshots, but at its basic form of gameplay, it cannot hold a torch to gp3.

i installed f1 2001 earlier this evening, and it plays like dog, for christs ( or vaders sake :-) you even have to download ages old detonater drivers to get it run at a respectable frame rate

with its physics and forcefeedback, gp3 blows this game out of the water.

theres no comparison at all.

so if geoff crammond or his lackeys are reading this, take note of the graphic capabilitys of F12001 and ignore everything else

concentrate on the gameplay and in game physics, let someone of the ilk of ralph hummerich (coz your graphic car designers are terrible) to make the racing craft liveries.

and get somebody to create the trackside and crowd liveries too ( we're sick of seeing ferrari fans all the time, you know half of these are german and will stop supporting MS once he retires from ferarri, be more objective and neutral)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 23, 2002 06:57PM
give us the updated gp3 in game physics, and gameplay, added features like animated pitstops and the safety car, formation lap and these graphics and we'll love you forever

these kind of grphics are what fromula 1 simultors are crying out for, anything less and you have let the entire communty down

and rememeber its this commity thats bought your game after game releases

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 23, 2002 07:01PM
we deseve nothing but the best after sticking by you, we,ve been glad but slightly dissapointed by various omissions of your series, so make us proud this time

don't make the mistake of assuming that we'll take it lying down if you only submit half of what we've requested, and saving the rest from your big pay off from infogrammes

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 23, 2002 07:28PM
your gameplay and physics beat EASports hands down

sack your graphic designer and employ Ralph Hummerichs talents, theres no one better, get other geniune gp3 fanaric to create the track bmps, the only people you can trust to make a ultimate gp simultor is the people that create the extra mods for love rather than money

this is the way to go forward

EASPORTS have the big cheque book to wade forward and dominate the F1 Series,

make a difference geoff and think about your userbase rather than a profit margin
have you no pride???

show EASports that you are the king of F1 Simultors rather than a big cheque book.

give us the f1 2001 beater

and give us a contact addess to geoff crammonds company, so we can help along with the gp series suggestions

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 23, 2002 11:01PM
Posted by: Triton
LS. .. we love u for that speach:P
Date: February 24, 2002 05:53AM
Yo Sup

very nice LS, but you really think that geoff would be reading this and if so would he really listen? He'll probably just try harder to make the game more difficult to modify!!

Date: February 24, 2002 08:26AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
thats arrows beats the hell out of gp4 screenshots. and remember thats only f12001 imagine when f1 2002 is out gp4 will be coming out too

Date: February 24, 2002 08:40AM
Yo Sup

Exactly. GP4 is new, F1 2001 is getting old and still F1 2001 is miles better than anything GP4 has come out with :';(

Date: February 24, 2002 02:50PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Actually F1 2001 out of the box looks absolutely nothing like in those shots - if you're disappointed now, I think you'll be in for an even nicer surprise...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy