Date: January 14, 2011 11:54AM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
Wow.. Rendermania ;)

Cool!

Re: Show your Renders v3.0
Date: January 19, 2011 01:49AM
Guys I have a question I'd like to ask.

As some of you may have noticed in my previous renders of my Volvo 850, I'm having problems with the reflections of my car's windows. I have made sure that the polys of the windows are smooth. Instead of having smooth reflections, my windows are showing a LOT of distortion. If I add a Smooth modifier it smoothens the distortion which looks a lot better, but it just keeps having the distortion, no matter what. I know polygons should ideally (English?) be 4 sided but that doesn't mean they can't be triangular, right?

Any help would be appreciated guys.. I googled the hell out of zze internetzz already :(

This is my problem:

Date: January 21, 2011 01:17AM
Posted by: raulongo

after 5 hours, 23 minutes and a bunch of seconds, I'm back! (Car is not mine ^_^U)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: January 21, 2011 01:25AM
Posted by: DaiMOn
:OO Incredible!
Date: January 21, 2011 11:50AM
Yea, and that's the look I try to get with my paint. I know it isn't the paint that looks like that on its own, it's also the environment that makes it look that way.. I have yet to figure out how to do that..? Could you maybe shed some light (almost literally lol) on how you made that studio like environment..?

BTW, can you clear things up about my previous post ?? I found out how I can minimalize the problem.. but it's still there a little bit

Date: January 21, 2011 12:57PM
Posted by: kaid
@raulongo - That render looks great. But the back of the car is pretty dark. Increase the light at the back, it will look better.

@floris - Can you show the wireframe of the windows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2011 12:58PM by kaid.
Date: January 22, 2011 12:02AM
Thanks for your help Kaid. First, you have to remember this model is more than 3 years old, and I started it with almost no skills in modeling. I learned it as I got further. The windows have stayed the same for like a year or so. Until now.. I'm getting annoyed by the distortion and want get rid of it. I already slimmed down the cuts and vertices drastically so it's a lot cleaner already. Maybe I should have done things wrong in the first place but correcting these in this stage is not what I want. I think the wires of the windows are pretty much optimal.. The distortion isn't there anymore because of wrong cuts or vertices and maybe I could smoothen it a little more but I think it's pretty much fixed..

Nevertheless, any thought or suggestion is welcome ;-)

Date: January 22, 2011 12:32PM
Posted by: raulongo
@floris It's more the car material than the studio one.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: January 22, 2011 05:09PM

Well, I have to experiment a lot with this new material, but the start is there. Not tweaked all values as you can see, but I got a whole lot further this last week

Date: January 22, 2011 05:16PM
Posted by: Hades
Very nice, I like the car but rim/tire material could be better.

[hades3d.blogspot.com]
Date: January 23, 2011 05:14PM
Posted by: Spidey
Lotus T127 by LMT Moddinggroup

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Date: January 24, 2011 01:18AM
Posted by: KORG
@Floris ... Nice Renders,i like the lights effects :-)
@Spidey ... looks great to.

Date: January 24, 2011 07:22PM
Posted by: Spidey
Thx mate :)

Yours are nice too...again Cinema4D?
How is the handling? Better than 3ds max?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Date: January 24, 2011 09:04PM
Posted by: KORG
@ Spidey ... yes it is Cinema ,regarding the handling is all the same.
Date: January 24, 2011 11:16PM
Posted by: Stiffmaster99
f11 fantasy car by me^^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Date: January 27, 2011 12:44AM
Posted by: Carlitox
Hi guys.

I made a post in the other thread (Show your personal helmet) asking for rendering tutorials, since I'm new at this. I was able to find one and I got all the necessary things. However, when I try to import the files to make a render of an rFactor car, I get an error message: MaxScript Rollout Handler Exception - Unable to convert: undefined to type: Integer

I hope you can help me. And, of course, your renders are awesome and I'd really like to be at your level someday. There are some pictures that look real!

Well, thanks in advance.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: January 27, 2011 01:01AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Nice start Stiffmaster... But you can call it F150 now! ^^

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 27, 2011 11:10PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Well, at last I solved the problem and rendered my first car. It's from rFactor, the mod is Red Grand Prix 2011. I made the texture and the helmet.

Note that the rims look odd. Does anyone know why?
Any other constructive criticism will be welcome.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: January 28, 2011 03:08AM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Well, I don't render myself, so I can't help you with the rim problem, but as far as the render itself is concerned:
- I would take a slightly darker light, for that dark blue car, to get a little less shining effect. Not much, just a little
- as a result of the former, the right sidepod and right side of the front (so, the back of the car by looking at this imagine) is way too bright. Either re-set the lights or make them darker in general

Apart from that, I think it's a very good render for your first time doing it. Hope this helps.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: January 29, 2011 03:31AM
Posted by: mpad
RB6 Spanish version
v-ray 2 + HDRI map

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy