British Formula 3 mod ( painters needed)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: British Formula 3 mod ( painters needed)
Date: July 25, 2007 10:59PM
Posted by: Guimengo
If you do have the pics then I guess I could try having a go. If I don't think it's good enough I'll let you know (and will show, of course)
Date: July 25, 2007 11:55PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you do have the pics then I guess I could try
> having a go. If I don't think it's good enough
> I'll let you know (and will show, of course)

sounds fair....i'll mail the pics over....
Date: July 28, 2007 06:55AM
By the way, it would be nice if after this is done we can make it for rFactor :p. The available F3 doesn't look as good and our work should be much better. Of course, no time restrain... how does that sound?
Date: July 29, 2007 09:24AM
If the website provided isn't giving great pics, try www.theracingline.net

[theracingline.net]

ps: Alex Waters' helmet is going well on its way
Date: July 29, 2007 10:36AM
Posted by: airefresco
I was speaking to Jimbob last week about Mike Conways helmet. I made that helmet about a year ago for a fictional mod and said he could use if he wants for this mod. However, I made it for the old arai shape. I converted it over to the new shape, but now i've relised that his new helmet is slightly different.

If you look at this pic [zeta.fota.co.uk]
you can see that the wavey lines at the bottom and top have changed. They used to be dark green and light green at the bottom and black and grey at the top. Thing is I don't know how to make a gradient follow a line and not the page. Does anybody know how to do this? I've got everything on seperate layers and all the lines in vector layers so it's to change.

paul..
Date: July 29, 2007 11:12AM
Hold control (in photoshop) and click the layer for the lines. Then just run the gradient over from one side to the other while holding shift.
Date: July 29, 2007 04:07PM
I have been using PSP, and I was going to download a trial version of Photoshop just to do these lines, but it's nearly 500Mb!!!

Does anyone know how to do it PSP or can someone with photoshop edit the lines if i send them?

cheers,
paul..
Date: July 30, 2007 08:52AM
airefresco, if you haven't been helped by now send it to me, I'll see if I can be of any use.

Also, to everyone involved in the mod, I think we should keep touch on MSN, so we can discuss it. This is my first real mod work (did one way back as a fantasy work with a friend but never fully finished all the plans) and I'm really excited to make this awesome! My MSN is in my profile here, feel free to add :).

Ps: work on Alex Waters helmet is in more advanced stages, jimbob has a picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2007 08:55AM by Guimengo.
Date: July 30, 2007 06:51PM
Ps: work on Alex Waters helmet is in more advanced stages, jimbob has a picture.

yep & it looks damned nice too :)
Date: July 30, 2007 08:26PM
Thanks Guimengo. I´m just leaving work now. If the internets on at home, i´ll send it over.

cheers,
paul..
Date: August 14, 2007 11:08AM
Posted by: cmarriott
how is work going on this? I'm a huge BF3 fan so a mod for this would be great. Btw is the template going to be available for download? I'm terrible at painting but would like to have a go no this car

Thanks
Date: August 15, 2007 05:06PM
just want to let the guys from the mod know that I am back from my trip. Would be nice to be contacted by jimbob or someone else and be told about mod status :p
Date: August 15, 2007 06:10PM
all further questions about this mod go to grand prix 4 world..
i'm not involved with the site anymore & since the mod was started there
you'd have to post & ask about it there......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2007 06:10PM by jimbob1.
Date: August 25, 2007 10:52PM
Even though it's been 'dead' for a few weeks, here's a shot of the latest I worked in about 3 days total (stopped about 3 weeks ago)

[img406.imageshack.us]
Date: August 26, 2007 09:57AM
Posted by: jpmfw
The Mod will be carried on for sure,i`m finishing the Template and will get it sent out to the Car painters in the coming week.You will be able to follow the progress and any enquiries at GP4World.:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 02, 2007 05:34PM
just like to add....i had completed the gpedia & team arts for this mod,so if they are needed they can be handed over...also like to add...some of the drivers team art pics include the real life drivers signatures...i spent many weeks & dozens of emails tracking them down..
Date: September 02, 2007 05:54PM
Posted by: jpmfw
I`ll mail you mate,thanks for handing the files over,much appreciated :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 02, 2007 05:59PM
just pm'd you...no worries....whats best for gp4 is whats best for most of us i think.....send files this evening..thanks...
Date: November 30, 2016 02:01PM
Posted by: huskyman49
i wonder what happened with this british f3 mod? would have been nice to have :-)
i helped myself taking some other non f1 templates (formula atlantic toyota) painted them in the respective team colours of season 96 or so, but that's apparently far from perfect :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy