Phoenix 1991 source files released for anyone to finish!

Posted by _Erix_ 
Hello Pimpones,
Excellent work in Phoenix, even very good.
Only felt the lack of some plates signaling 150m, 100m and 50m in some parts of the circuit to help in piloting.
Even so, it is a beautiful work.
Success!

Olá Pimpones,
Excelente trabalho em Phoenix, muito bom mesmo.
Só senti a falta de algumas placas sinalizando 150m, 100m e 50m em algumas partes do circuito para ajudar na pilotagem.
Mesmo assim é um belo trabalho.
Sucesso!!

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Hey people, how can I do to install this version of Phoenix 1991 track, because I can´t do it, please help me.
Hugs.

Olá pessoal, como faço para instalar essa versão da pista de Phoenix 1991, porque eu não consegui, por favor, me ajudem.
Abraços.

Leandro - Cubatão - São Paulo - Brasil
thanks erik for your comment ,and i/m glad that your good with others wanting to work on some of the objects and textures. i checked out your website and the pictures of progress you have posted there on the phoenix track ,you do some excellent work on those objects and textures.!

If pimpones or SchueyFan or any other guys that want to work on making this phoenix track 91 more realisic ,lets give it a go and see what we can get out of it. just let us know through the comments here ,cos i think this track needs some good working on.
Re: Phoenix 1991 rising from the ashes... (56k warning)
Date: September 28, 2008 03:43AM
Posted by: leozinho
dáe fábio, beleza
tu pensa em fazer um trabalho ainda nesta pista, tipo como o o celinho falou no post acima, coloca umas placas sinalizadoras, pinta a entrada e saida dos boxes.
eu nao sei se o gp4 buider permite fazer isso, na entrada do pit laine tem uma barreira de pneus os pilotos tinham que desviar deles pra pode entra.
e tu sabe se o erick ainda pretende trabalha nela?
falou meu, so um grande fã seu, abraço
Date: September 28, 2008 01:34PM
Posted by: Briere
whaaaaat ? :s
Date: September 28, 2008 05:28PM
Posted by: J-C
leozinho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dáe fábio, beleza
> tu pensa em fazer um trabalho ainda nesta pista,
> tipo como o o celinho falou no post acima, coloca
> umas placas sinalizadoras, pinta a entrada e saida
> dos boxes.
> eu nao sei se o gp4 buider permite fazer isso, na
> entrada do pit laine tem uma barreira de pneus os
> pilotos tinham que desviar deles pra pode entra.
> e tu sabe se o erick ainda pretende trabalha
> nela?
> falou meu, so um grande fã seu, abraço

Translation:
Very nice fabio,
Do you plan to work on the track like celinho told you
in the post above, you can put some things in the entrance and exit
of the pit. I dont know it gp4 builder can do that, in the entrance
of the pit lane their is a barrier of tyres where the drivers
has to avoid them to enter.
Do you know if Eric will continue to work with it?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2008 05:30PM by J-C.
Date: September 28, 2008 05:47PM
Posted by: pimpones1
HI..

just an explanation.. ERIC wasnt my co worker on this project. i did it by myself on HIS DAT

well, i dont have plans to modify this track.

i totally forgot the brake marks all over the track ( my mistake)

I have no clue what Eric will build.. , i built this one onmy own. i just used his dat
he told me once hes gonna build a new phoenix track but honestly i dont think so.
the phoenix project was stuck till i get the dat and start the wad works.

send him a pm and ask him for news about HIS track.. not mine

hugs!
Erix said that the dar in the fictional track is an OLD one and that he has the final dat which is way better and that he WILL finish the track if and when he has time. It would be nice to see it for Christmas this year.
Date: September 30, 2008 12:00AM
Posted by: _Erix_
The latest version of the dat has a much better ccline and a new pitlane. But also it won't load in gp4. I haven't checked what was wrong, simply because I haven't had the time. I hope to have some news on this project next month. I can't say if it's good or bad news...

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: September 30, 2008 03:16PM
Posted by: MrRace
Yeah, a great track! I can't believe it, that this track released for GP4.

10 years ago, I started a race every day there. The Poenix Streettrack is one of my favorite tracks, I like streetcourses.
Date: September 30, 2008 08:40PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
_Erix_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The latest version of the dat has a much better
> ccline and a new pitlane. But also it won't load
> in gp4. I haven't checked what was wrong, simply
> because I haven't had the time. I hope to have
> some news on this project next month. I can't say
> if it's good or bad news...

Ouch. :(
WELL ERIX.. IF YOU WANT.. SEND THE DAT FOR ME AND I LL HAVE A LOOK.
CHEERS
Date: November 07, 2008 01:44AM
Posted by: rookie26
Hi Guys,

I hope somebody can help me here, because I'm almost ready to jump off the bridge.

I installed the 1991 Mod with all the necessary trackpacks, and this is working fabulous.

Now I tried to add the Phoenix track to this Mod, but unfortunately without any success.

I've copied the Indianapolis2001.wad which supposed to be the Phoenix track to the Destination
"C:\Program Files\GP4\Tracks\Indianapolis\PLUS" after renaming the old Indianapolis2001.wad, and put
the s1ct16.dat to the location "C:\Program Files\GP4\Tracks\phoenix\1991".

After that, I opened "GPxPatch.exe" and changed under "GPx Track" the path for the first track to
"C:\Program Files\GP4\Tracks\phoenix\1991\s1ct16.dat".

But everytime I start the "GPxPatch.exe" and try to drive on Phoenix, there is no track. It looks like
the cars are 20Meter above the ground. If I spectate after racestart the other Drivers, I can see on the direction they take, that this is the Phoenix track. But there are no buildings, no tarmac, no walls etc.

You just see the cars which are 20 Meters above the ground and in the background you can see some trees and some green.

Maybe I placed the Indianapolis2001.wad and the "s1ct16.dat" to a wrong direction. I have absolutely no idea and I would really thankful if somebody could explain to me how to do it correctly.

THX a LOT in advance.
Date: November 07, 2008 03:49AM
easy one..

you have to change wad and dat in gpxtrack..

your problem is.. the game is loading the phoenix WAD with another track DAT..

Make sure you select the wad and dat properly and it will be Ok.
Date: November 07, 2008 04:37AM
Hi,

and thx for the fast reply.

Unfortunately it is not an easy one.

If I open "GPxPatch.exe" and go to the menu "GPx Track", I can not change any wad files.
I can just change the path for the DAT. files.

Maybe you can explain to me the procedure from scratch?

By the way, did I copy the "Indianapolis2001.wad" and the "s1ct16.dat" from the file "PHOENIX_BOTH_SEASONS.rar" to the correct location?

Best regards
Date: November 07, 2008 12:05PM
Rookie..

i cant tell ya if you moved to the right location ´cos i dont know what mod you are playing.

bfore you change a track, you have to CHECK the wad name and DAT number of the track you gonna delete or move out.. after it, all you have to do is rename the new dat number and wad name and its contents to fit ex positions..

for exemple.. if you wanna change the interlagos wad for phoenix...

you have to open the phoenix wad, rename the files inside named as ( indianapolis) to INTERLAGOS, and rename the wad as well... change DAT file to the same number that interlagos is used in your mod.

BUT.. if your csm doesnt allow you to change wad positions.. just verify what WAD it is loading and what DAT its loading.. if the phoenix track is appearng n your screen.. forget all steps i mentioned and simply change the dat number on gpxtrack.
Date: November 08, 2008 01:26AM
Hi Pimpones1,

first of all I would like to thank very much you for your help so far.

For your information, I'm using the 1991 Mod. The Mod is working very nice, but I have problems to add
the Phoenix track to it.

I tried again to add the Phoenix track to the Mod like I think you explained to me.

So first of all I renamed both "Indianapolis2001.wad" files which are placed in "C:\Program Files\GP4" and
"C:\Program Files\GP4\Tracks\Indianapolis\PLUS" to "Indianapolis2001old.wad".

Then I copied the file "Indíanapolis2001.wad" from the file "PHOENIX_BOTH_SEASONS.rar" to those directions.

Then I renamed the file "phoenix1991.DAT" which is placed in "C:\Program Files\GP4\Tracks\phoenix\1991"
to "phoenix1991old.DAT".

After that, I copied the file "s1ct16.dat" from the file "PHOENIX_BOTH_SEASONS.rar" to that directory, and renamed it to "phoenix1991.DAT". Then I opened "GPxPatch.exe" and started it.

I started again a race in Phoenix, but unfortunately the result was the same. You can see the cars only, which seem to be flying and you can see only some trees at the back. No track, no tarmac.

You wrote on your last post that I have to open the . file and rename the files inside. How can I open a .wad file? I thought a .wad file is only 1 single file and do not contain more files inside of it.

Man, I'm getting crazy with this. Is there no way to create a .tuh file for this track, so I can open it and "ZAZ Tools" do the rest?

Best regards
Date: November 08, 2008 02:43PM
rookie..

use easywad tool to open the wad and rename its contents..

but as i´ve said bfore, you have to check what wad the game is loading for ya..

if the game is loading the properly phoenix WAD, all you have to do is change DAT position and name on gpxtrack..

that´s it.

its not a hard work to do, but a lotta users have some kind of trouble when changing tracks with csm mods..

try to check here on gpg.. theres a billion tuts how to do it properly.

hugs n nice weekend
Date: November 09, 2008 04:32AM
Hi again,

unfortunately I have to give up.

It is impossible for me to install the Phoenix track.

I opened the Indianapolis2001.wad with the Easy Wad Tool, but there is no option to rename
the files. Even if I could rename them, there are a lot of Indianapolis2001 files (maybe 20)
in there and I don't know which ones to rename.

In order to do this correctly, I will need a documentation with screenshots.

I think only the "Experts" were able to install the Phoenix track properly. The rest (like me)
gave up early.

This is much too complicated for me. What a shame that nobody added this track as a .tuh file
already.

I guess I will have to wait until a nice person does that.

Thx anyway for your great help but it seems that I'm too stupid for this.
Date: November 09, 2008 08:14AM
Posted by: msater
I made a TSM file for the track a while ago...Let me see if I can find it...just a second.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy