How to use TSM Beta

Posted by santhosh 
Re: How to use TSM Beta
Date: August 03, 2006 04:44PM
Posted by: celinho
A doubt:
It installs the file in the directory C:\files of programs or C:\files of programas\infogrames\grandprix4???
Which you find better or recommendable???

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: August 03, 2006 04:51PM
Posted by: b-tone
mine is installed to 'C:\Program Files\ZaZ Gp4 tools' :)

____
Tony

Date: August 03, 2006 05:12PM
Posted by: celinho
Thank you.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: August 06, 2006 03:00AM
Posted by: Richard J
Couple of questions on TSM. After installing, I opened the TSM program. I got two popup boxes. First one indicated "detected GP4.exe. Do you want to use this file? I answered yes. Second popup box indicated "Do you want use the default folder for mods?" How do you respond to this one? What is the "default folder for mods?"

The program opens, it only lists in the "installed Tracks" box the original tracks currently in the GP4 folder. How do you "install" all the other tracks from mods, that have been created for GP4? All tracks so far that have been created use the same wad name as the original tracks it replaces. How do you get these add-on tracks to be listed in TSM? I also do not get under the configure box "Create new profile" as an option.

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Richard J
Date: August 17, 2006 02:46AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
@ Tony

How do I delete a profile I don't want?
Date: August 17, 2006 04:20AM
Posted by: jxeboy
Hey, i think this could be a really cool util, just wondering how to use it, i followed the directions, and when i load up GP4 (using GPxpatch of coarse) and try to use the new track order it loads the old one. any help?
Date: August 30, 2006 02:49PM
Another question :)

When Ifirst go to load the tracks unde "Installed Tracks" there is nothing.
Same when I click on manage profiles the list is blank.
There is a setting under "TASKS" copy default tracks do I need to do this as the first step prior to your first step, if you know what I mean :)
Date: August 30, 2006 03:20PM
Posted by: jpmfw
@Buzz, not sure about the profile delete. But your second question,under "tasks" yes you do need to do that step,for TSM to install the default tracks, all tracks installed through TSM are then stored in a folder "Tracks" in your main gp4 directory.Hope that helps a lil :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 30, 2006 06:39PM
Thanks Paolo, mate haven't forgot those promised photos will send before the weekend, been a but hectic around here :)
Date: August 30, 2006 06:50PM
Posted by: jpmfw
take your time mate :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 31, 2006 02:54PM
@ jpmfw

Photos sent :)

I have another problem which I hope is quite simple to fix, I have searched without result so far.

When I load the tracks through TSM and than play GP4 I get to the right track I select but the number of laps are all wrong. I also noticed for example Melbourne in the third slot has the original games (Brazil track with 72 laps) where it should be 58 or what ever it is. This trend is all the way through through what have I missed?

Thanks all

PS) I also noticed that on the grid start up screen (prior to the start of the race) it has the original game detail i.e) instead of Melbourne it says Brazil and has 72 laps etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2006 02:59PM by Buzz Hornet.
Date: August 31, 2006 06:39PM
Posted by: Robert
open the .dat file of each track in 3d editor and select initial track sector. There should be an option there for number of laps. Change it for each track and your done

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2006 06:40PM by Robert.
Date: September 01, 2006 12:44AM
@ Robert

Thanks mate, but won't this affect all the magic data etc (no of laps, straegies etc). In the manual way, I change my own stragies using pitlap&editor and export to the game, can I still use the feature?
Date: September 01, 2006 03:11AM
Posted by: ZaZ
@Buzz
I still have to add those features to TSM. Expect them in the (near) future.
For now you can export the pit&lap data (save it as a file) and throw it inside the data\patch folder of the mod.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: September 01, 2006 03:49AM
Posted by: WaZz
I can't load my tracks, I simply don't have the buttons . The loading/restoring window is not here....

Please help
Date: September 01, 2006 05:50AM
Posted by: b-tone
wazz, the load/restore button isn't there when you open tsm via csm. with csm you should assign a track profile to the mod, and it loads automatically.
go tot he configurables tab and in the loew right side there is a track profile window.

____
Tony

Date: September 01, 2006 06:42AM
@ ZaZ

Thanks mate sounds good.
Can you explain a little more about what I need to do with Pit&Lap Editor I am a little confused. In game the new Turkey track has 58 laps (great) but when I import the settings from Pit&Lap it shows Interlagos (which I assume it is sct103.dat) but it says 72 laps. Even when I select Turket to run at slot 15 (monza) it shows the real Monza laps. Sorry for being an idiot :)
Date: September 01, 2006 07:58AM
Posted by: Tobchina
I use the GP4Tweaker to set the right laps for each track, and it works fine, you have to identify the sequence of your track.set and adjust the laps according to your sequence, if you put Istanbul on position 3, original place of Interlagos, when you open the gp4 tweaker go to track 3, and change the number of laps from 72 to 58, this is valid for all other tracks you change the position.
Date: September 01, 2006 08:36AM
@ Tobchina

Thanks mate but I think that just changes the no of laps but not the md (magic data) which has a heap of other things grip, laps, times, straegies etc.
Date: September 01, 2006 10:59AM
Posted by: Tobchina
@ Buzz Hornet

Well, as you were talking only about laps, I wrote what I did, for these other things you mentioned, I use the c-magic, creating an magic file .md3, open with notebook, change it with my strategies, save it and insert it on the .dat file
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy