Upgrading my Computer (another thread!)

Posted by Robert 
Re: Upgrading my Computer (another thread!)
Date: February 20, 2006 01:07AM
Posted by: SeiferNL
lol why are people talking about ati is better they just have only there high end card available at crossfire and still SLI blows it away ..........and i didnt talkd yet about the fact that NVIDIA has performed a major step from januari 2005 to januari 2006 making a record advantage for $ 305 mil as money and they invested more then 2 bilj dollars this year alone.
Also they are the world leader at the moment and not ati............
I admit the x850 and x800 are good cards cause i owned one myself but
2X XFX 7800GTX TOP 512MB IN SLI wich i own at the moment can beat every ati card that is available at the moment with just a simple kisss.........................
Maybe ati will be back in a year but for now just buy yourself a nvidia card ( 7800 series ) and keep the ati drama for someone else............................
And for not hurting the ati people here yessss CROSSFIRE has major potentional more then SLI but it is still just begun.........................................
A reall gamer changes vga card a lot you dont buy a vga card for years you buy it for months.The vga business is verry simple you are the best at this moment and next month you can be second again. I dont mind using ati or nvidia as long i will have the best thing there is available then its fine.

Also about the cpu you should take a AMD i have 3 systems here a INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.6GHZ XTREME and a FX57 AMD and a XEON SERVER SYSTEM.......
for gaming the amd performs simple the best if you are a guy who uses a lot of photoshop and other stuff you should go for intel also make sure you use a DDRII memory damnnn these memory is way faster then DDR especially if you own a CORSAIR XTREME 600MHZ DDR II they are expensive but fastttttttt.......i can tell you because i have it... ( well things you can do when you are HARDWARE ENGINEER at a company ) Well you can see my specs below .......

AMD64 FX-57 // DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert, nForce4 SLI // 4 GIG CORSAIR XTREME MEMORY // 2X XFX 7800GTX TOP 512MB // 320 GIG HDD SATAII // 550 WATT AOPEN POWER SUPPLIE // SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 PLATINIUM // LOGITECH 5.1 // RAZOR DIAMONBACK MOUSE // ZALMAN WATERCOOLING // LOGITEC DISPLAY KEYBOARD // 21INCH IIYAMA CRT // ANTEC SONATA II WATERCOOLED PREPARED CASING //
Date: February 20, 2006 03:53AM
Posted by: lobo288
you forgot to say NVidia pays to game developers to fully adapt them ;)

Date: February 20, 2006 06:35AM
Posted by: sunil
@SeiferNL

7800GTX SLI can't able to beat single X1900 XTX in some games. when X1900XTX in cross fire SLI beaten in every game except in RIDDICK game.
but one think i can tell is Nvidia price's are really good for ordinary person. they worth for their prize. BUT ATI my god they are not even any near to average person to buy.
X1800XT is the best and most sales happening right now. which consistently 7800GT was beaten by this card.

@LOBO288,

what are u talking ? u know what exactly u r thinking and talking. stop it. How old r u?

Nvidia is not paying for game developers to adapt them , they are just paying for publicity.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: February 20, 2006 12:13PM
Posted by: SeiferNL
@sunil i benchmarked against a x1900XTX in crossfire.... and i won it i dont own a normal 7800GTX i own the 7800GTX TOP EDITION AND 512MB MEMORY IN SLI one card just cost me 800 euro.... dont mind the fact that i also have the top version of the DFI lan SLI boards. At the moment i have the best available, also NVIDIA annouched there 7900 seriess...... And when there is a system available faster then i have at the moment i will be informed for a possible change-up. The Crossfire isnt good at the moment and wayyyyyy too expensive for the things you get.
Ati has just fall a bit behind.........they are having problems with the gpu of there new cores. There 9xxx series were way too fast for nvidia but after that i think they lost it a bit and asking reducalese prices for there vga cards.
maybe the x2000 series will change it for them other then that i will burn my fingers on the new 7900 series wich will be released at 9 march........interesting also for the low budget people because the other cards like 6xxx series become muchhhh cheaper and well if you want to buy x850xt for agp or pcie you will pay way too much moneyyyy......thats the problem of ati they are never on time with releasing wich means they cannot compete with nvidia prices because they cannot lower there prices because they dont have a new version released yet.
Date: February 20, 2006 02:56PM
Did you see this before???? i have a minimarket...if i pay game developers then can i do publicity of my minimarket on ther games??? crazy huh

;) ;) ;)

Date: February 20, 2006 03:51PM
Posted by: matt3454
i have a decent enough pc, specs:

Athlon 64 - 3200 (overclocked to 2.4ghz)
1gig RAM
Asus Mobo (PCI-E)
XP home
Sharp 17" TFT
Intergrated GeForce 6100 graphics

the trouble is that the built in graphics is bottlenecking the system, what would the best PCI Express card to get? for around £100? ive had my eye on a X800 or 6600, but im not sure which is better

Date: February 20, 2006 04:38PM
6600 should be gt and 128 mb,

6600GT : 8 pipes clocks 500/1000 aprox 128mb mem 128-bit

x800 : 12 pipes clocks 400/1000 aprox 128/256mb 256 bit

but you have to find prices and model from differents builders

Date: February 26, 2006 12:45PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
question: Aopen 6600 GT 128 Mb Ddr3 Agp 8x + Tv-Out + Dvi

Good or not ?
Date: February 26, 2006 12:48PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy