-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> hi, yeah ive got 2.2 and the physics file seems
> good but the problem is when i drive at ace level
> im still doing the same laptimes as before for
> example 1.21's at spain whereas everyone else is
> doin 1.15's? i know im no michael schumacher but
> even i cant be this slow lol

Well i was doing 1m17:500 with with 24 fuel laps onboard.

Maybe you should use lowe wing settings to get better race lap times.

Bye.:)

I saw the thread, and I took a look at published files...but , respecting the good intention of Author, I have to remark some points on this 2006 physics set.

There are some basical concept to be clarified, when You speack about "2006 Physics" for new F1 cars, and when You speack about GP4.
The first thing, concerning GP4, is that when You set Perf file, You can't pretend that Human driver remain in competition with CPU drivers if You set value higher than 17000....in this new set there are values until 22000 !!!! And this is basically wrong, for the performances plattform on which GP4 is made.

The second concept is on a mechanical feature. As many people should know, in GP4 ( that was made for the 2001 F1 season ) You can change the physics file ( and I wrote a Tutorial on which to do in a realistic and correct way ), but You can't change the Torque, with Physics Editor.
Now, considering that new F1 cars have V8 engines, with 2400 cc, and considering that in original GP4 physics set Torque was 282 lb/ft ( Nm ), at 16700 rpm, for 845 bhp ( GP4 exe 100 ), and 855 bhp ( GP4 exe 102 ), one should modify these values with bhp around 700 bhp ( a little plus for some engines maybe ), at an average rpm value of 19500 ( some less, or some more for several engines ), with a Torque of about 188 Nm.

Infact, the mechanical formula is

bhp = Torque x rpm/5252

with my example values....bhp= 700
rpm= 19500
Torque= 188,533348 lb/ft ( or Nm )

But in GP4, with Physics editor, You can't change Torque at this realistic value, and overall, You can't change rpm value over 18000 rpm without reaching a "sound" flat effect.

Therefore, I doubt that a realistic 2006 physics set for GP4 can be offered without a "Torque editor"...and to my knowledge the only Torque Editor available is " intellectual property" of GP4italia team.

Now, considering also the exagerated perf values ( 22000 ) for drivers in perf text, I wonder if You can obtain satisfactory results with this "2006 physics set". In my opinion, and with all the deserved respect for who is trying to improve GP4, something should be changed is this set.

Best Regards
Nicola
Re: F1 2006 v8 engine with phisics included V 2.2 UPDATE
Date: February 24, 2006 02:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
nicol@cciarri i think you are little angry with me by the way you write.

And concerning the set, if you can do better than me, please try, but dont cry like a baby.

Cheers.:)
Dear friend
I never was "angry" with anyone..that's sure. And I never cry as baby...'cos I'm no more a baby ( unfortunatelly ! ).
I suggested to revise your files because it's notorious that with perf values over 17000, human drivers have no more chances in GP4 against CPu drivers.
You put values also as 22000...and there are no comments to add.

Regarding "real" physics of 2006 F1 cars, I think it's a little bit difficult to reproduce it in GP4, for the motives I clearly explained.

Therefore: take it easy....and don't cry You.

Cheers
Nicola
Date: February 24, 2006 05:33PM
nicol@cciarri show me when i cried.;)

Second if you take a good look at my phisics phile you will notice that i am not using 17000 rpms. I am sure your have not tried or least view the 2.2 version.
I am using 16.600 . So next time, please be more acurate in your tellings.

I think Nicola reffers to a "non real" 22000 driver perfomance, it's impossible to play against this perf. It's gonna be between 16000 and 17000 as maximum.

2005-2006-2007 Realistic Perfomances, Physic & magicdata
2005-2006 Realistic TV trackcams
2005-2006 Realistic Onboard Cameras
2006 Realistic cc-lines
2006 Sounds

Available in:[marianodicarlo.googlepages.com]
Msn: marianodicarlo@gmail.com
I was accurate in my discussion . Read well what I said in my first note above. You have to read better. I spoke about "real" car rpm values in 2006 ( that are around 19000-20000 rpm ); I spoke about default GP4 rpm ( 16700 ).
I never spoke about your physics file.
I only said that actually with Physics editor is not possible to edit Torque value.
Of course, I remark again, as Mariano well understood, that 22000 value in performances file is not playable for human drivers, because over 17000 perf value CPu drivers are difficult to beat.

IS IT CLEAR NOW? Do You need some more explanations?

You have to be more accurate in reading, the next time, and You should have more respect of kind observations on your files.....

"There are some basical concept to be clarified, when You speack about "2006 Physics" for new F1 cars, and when You speack about GP4.
The first thing, concerning GP4, is that when You set Perf file, You can't pretend that Human driver remain in competition with CPU drivers if You set value higher than 17000....in this new set there are values until 22000 !!!! And this is basically wrong, for the performances plattform on which GP4 is made."

"The second concept is on a mechanical feature. As many people should know, in GP4 ( that was made for the 2001 F1 season ) You can change the physics file ( and I wrote a Tutorial on which to do in a realistic and correct way ), but You can't change the Torque, with Physics Editor.
Now, considering that new F1 cars have V8 engines, with 2400 cc, and considering that in original GP4 physics set Torque was 282 lb/ft ( Nm ), at 16700 rpm, for 845 bhp ( GP4 exe 100 ), and 855 bhp ( GP4 exe 102 ), one should modify these values with bhp around 700 bhp ( a little plus for some engines maybe ), at an average rpm value of 19500 ( some less, or some more for several engines ), with a Torque of about 188 Nm.

Infact, the mechanical formula is

bhp = Torque x rpm/5252

with my example values....bhp= 700
rpm= 19500
Torque= 188,533348 lb/ft ( or Nm )

"In my opinion, and with all the deserved respect for who is trying to improve GP4, something should be changed is this set. "

Best Regards
Nicola

Date: February 24, 2006 06:21PM
marianodc Wrote:
> I think Nicola reffers to a "non real" 22000
> driver perfomance, it's impossible to play against
> this perf. It's gonna be between 16000 and 17000
> as maximum.
>

I can drive and beat the cc-cars in a 100% race. So if you cant drive fast im sure you have a bad setup for race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2006 06:22PM by jcaranti.
Date: February 24, 2006 06:23PM
Posted by: JV 2006

the problem i seem to have is around the corners. down the straights i can keep up fine but they seem to take the corners so fast and theres me struggling with chronic understeer lol, i can pile on the wing but obviously this isnt realistic. the cpu cars just take the corners perfectly so thers no way i can keep up lol!!

im using a joypad on ace level and with other pysics files and perf files i have had no problems so it must be something to do with this file.

its an intersting topic!!!

thanks guys
Date: February 24, 2006 06:29PM
Posted by: b-tone
you have 22000 for the qualifying performances, so it doesn't affect races.

____
Tony

@Nicola

Is Torque Editor available to download?????

2005-2006-2007 Realistic Perfomances, Physic & magicdata
2005-2006 Realistic TV trackcams
2005-2006 Realistic Onboard Cameras
2006 Realistic cc-lines
2006 Sounds

Available in:[marianodicarlo.googlepages.com]
Msn: marianodicarlo@gmail.com
Date: February 24, 2006 06:58PM

ok sorted, i seem to be up to speed again, like b-tone said it dosent affect race, i was running in free practice mode and i was 6 seconds off the pace, when i went to a quick race im a tenth quicker than anyone else lol, so how do u get the free practice times normal???

thanks for your help!
Date: February 24, 2006 07:25PM
SORRY EDITED. IT POSTED TWICE. VERY SORRY.

Can a moderator delete this please.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2006 07:27PM by jcaranti.
Date: February 24, 2006 07:25PM
marianodc Wrote:
> @Nicola
>
> Is Torque Editor available to download?????
>

Does this exists? ;)

From what i know you must edit Gp4.exe .

JV 2006@ did u use the same setup in race as in free practise?.

Cheers.

Date: February 24, 2006 07:59PM

yes i did, it seems as though the times are all normal in quali and the race but in free practice its totally different.

for example ralf was fastest in free practice at jerez with a 1.15 then in quali everyone was in the 1.19's with the same amounts of fuel for each session. whereas in free practice im doin 1.20's and in quali and race im doin the same 1'20's which means i cant keep up in practice but im on the pace in the quali onwards lol???

bit weird lol

thanks for your help anyway!!
jcaranti Wrote:
> marianodc Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @Nicola
> >
> > Is Torque Editor available to download?????
> >
>
> Does this exists?
>
> From what i know you must edit Gp4.exe .
>
>
> JV 2006@ did u use the same setup in race as in
> free practise?.
>
> Cheers.
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> ---------------
> Web Administrator for Hotlaps.de GP4
>
> LFRS.com RVT GP4 2005-2006 Member
>
> F1VWC- Fuji TV Simsoa Cosworth Manager not
> Driver.
>
> Mama Racing Driver for GPCHAMPIONSHIP. THE BEST
> LEAGUE FOR GP4.

I would like know if exists this "torque editor" and if the download is public or if is only for some few privileged persons... :^)

If it has the possibility to hexedit gp4.exe, which the value dword (hex)?

Many months ago I contacted the author of this tool (GP4Phys), he informed me that someone planned launch another program based on this, and he did not have interest in launching new versions that already exists (1.03).

Anybody knows something of this?

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2006 11:53PM by phantaman.
Date: February 25, 2006 02:37AM
Posted by: kimiraik
Yes the Torque Editor exists but sorry no download possibility, that's reserved for gp4italia staff..
Date: February 25, 2006 03:30AM
nicol@cciarri can you get someone in Gp4italia to have tweeked a gp4.exe for this please, with Torque= 188,533348 lb/ft ( or Nm ).

Kind Regards

Jorge Caranti
Date: February 25, 2006 05:43AM
Posted by: HoldenRT
kimiraik Wrote:
> Yes the Torque Editor exists but sorry no download
> possibility, that's reserved for gp4italia staff..

Is there a reason for this? Does anyone know what it is.

I'm not criticising their choice, if they made it they must have a good reason for it. But I would like to know what it is because it's surprising.

What if everyone who made improvements on the game didn't release them.. we'd have some people with great camera angles, some people with great sounds, some people with beautiful 2005 or 2006 cars but that's it. We'd have a couple people with great 2005 or 1994 physics but everyone else stuck with 2001. And gp4italia wouldn't have much stuff to host on their site. :/

GP4 would probably be dead.
Hello to everybody

To answer some questions:
No, Torque editor ( that is an Hex editor for GP4 102 ) is not available for download...but I'm not from the GP4italia staff, so I can't explain ( although I can image ) the motivations for which this tool has never been publically released.

On the other hands, I think that some great GP4 editor makers, like Lok2, could attempt to do some similar tools, to edit in a complete way all the Physics in GP4.

To Tony: I said 22000 perf value in qualify doesn't intake race results...and this is obvious ( and right ). But, it's the same problem also in qualify...with 22000 perf value, human drivers have difficulty in competing with CPu drivers.

I suggest to mantain all perf values ( race and qualy ) more similar to those in GP4 default ( they are 16000 or just a little bit over for some drivers ) adjusting eventually in magic files track grip, tyre performances, and CPu grip level...Otherwise, You can set on tweaker a different track grip level to optimize driver performances.

And these, I want to remark, are only kind suggestions to improve some work, not a pure criticism on Jcaranti's set. Hoping he understands now my standpoint of view.

Regards.
Nicola
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy