Istanbul V1.0 is released.

Posted by schaller 
Re: Istanbul V1.0 is released.
Date: August 10, 2006 01:57PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
@ jpmfw Are you beta tester of Kizz's RA106 or where did you get that Honda? It looks great!
Date: August 10, 2006 02:44PM
Posted by: sunil
he is beta tester of all makers

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: August 10, 2006 04:38PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Thanks for comments :) and for bug report.
I know that cc-line is not perfect but it is very difficult to create one for this track, especially the last sector is a bit strange.
When I finish the shadows I am going to adjust the physical aspects.

Anyone who has made a cc-line can send it to me and I will add it to the update so that you can choose between different ones.

Date: August 10, 2006 04:52PM
Posted by: jpmfw
[FIN]Räkä Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> @ jpmfw Are you beta tester of Kizz's RA106 or where did you get that
> Honda? It looks great!

hi, yes,i am beta testing the honda by kizz :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 10, 2006 05:26PM
Posted by: thexister
Thanks for the great news :)
Date: August 10, 2006 06:15PM
@Schaller: From which point of view is the bridge invisible?

Date: August 15, 2006 08:08AM
Posted by: RMcConkey
Don't take this the wrong way :-p not being pushy or anything lol just curious.....

i'm an admin at a league, and am wondering if this final(?) release will still be out before the turkish gp weekend? we'd like to use it in our league. if not we'll use the 1.0 version, no big deal!

the screenies look great :) nice work.

Ryan McConkey
F1VWC
F2VWC
Date: August 15, 2006 02:56PM
Posted by: schaller
Sorry Ruboy, I have not checked the forum in a couple days.
In the drivers view, as you approach the 360 complex, the bridge does not show up. When you go past it, it shows up in the mirrors, but not in the drivers view. If you are seeing it as you drive, maybe it is my graphics.cfg file.

Schaller
Date: August 15, 2006 03:38PM
Posted by: vesuvius
@ Ruboy

is there any progress with lower resolution track ?I have tested your hires resolution track and PO is too high for me with my current game settings even if the PO is quite good in t-cam view but I use t-cam only in qualifying,I drive gp4 from trcakside camera view and with that view PO is sometimes too high so i think lowres version will be maybe better for me :)anyway I have enjoyed your hires version very much :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2006 03:43PM by vesuvius.
Date: August 15, 2006 05:47PM
@RMcConkey:
Just check p 15 for info about release ... yes, before Turkish GP :)

@schaller:
I don't have this problem.. Bridge should be shown all the time as I set clipping distance to 0.

@vesuvius:
No low-res version atm. I will do it when I finish the hi-res version - that's within the next days.
I'll just have to resize textures and maybe remove some objects.
Unfortunately I am not convinced that PO will be extremely lower even with low-res textures. Of course it will be better but this track causes high PO no matter which textures are used.
As I didn't test it yet I can only guess - maybe the result will be much better than I believe now :)

Date: August 15, 2006 06:12PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Martin, sorry I haven't really given ya any feedback, PC has been going through hell recently, upgraded, then had to reinstall windows and lost over half my data :( It looks good, sorry I couldn't give, well, any feedback at all really ;)
Date: August 15, 2006 10:09PM
No problem, I think there aren't major bugs left anymore.

zeppelin101 Wrote:
> It looks good, ...

That's enough ;)

Date: August 15, 2006 11:33PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Heh I will resize some textures myself then so I can get better PO :)
Date: August 22, 2006 11:33PM
Posted by: mwb
Wow, I've just been reading through the progress of this update. Had no idea it had been going on for so long. I'm sure it will be worth the wait though.:) Big thanks to all those that have been involved.
Date: August 23, 2006 12:28AM
Yep...actually I said in november 2005: Hey, I'll make an hi-res update. It should take two weeks ;)
But than I reworked the complete .dat file and I planned to get it finished in february.... and it still isn't ;)
Thousands of ideas kept coming and thus it took longer and longer and longer...

But hey, now you really have not to wait very long ;-)
As stated before, release is quite soon:)

Date: August 23, 2006 06:26AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
While we are waiting, what is the trick to getting Schaller's version of Istanbul to function? The track has crashed with me since the first day I downloaded it, and its the only GP4 track I have downloaded that I have never been able to get working.

I've tried high verbosity, medium and low verbosity, doesn't seem to matter. It always crashes.......

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 23, 2006 06:50AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
> While we are waiting, what is the trick to getting Schaller's version
> of Istanbul to function? The track has crashed with me since the first
> day I downloaded it, and its the only GP4 track I have downloaded that
> I have never been able to get working.
>
> I've tried high verbosity, medium and low verbosity, doesn't seem to
> matter. It always crashes.......
>

This is what always happends to me in this track.
All new tracks i dont have problems except Istambul and Nurburgring 2005 tons of ctds even running with verbosity.
I hope that Ruboy´s version of Istambul doesnt have this.

Bye :)
Date: August 23, 2006 07:04AM
Posted by: quickslick
hm that's weird, i never expected problems with istanbul. I even renamed the track for the spa slot and added a new horizon shape and the track works fine here
Date: August 23, 2006 08:02AM
Posted by: Tobchina
I had problems too, the game stopped when was 18 laps to go. The image freezed and the only way to go out was turning off the PC. Tried 3 times to get back, same problem, no way to finish the race. It's a pitty because the track is good, it's in a good level to drive, and, of corse, other improvements will come in the future as I read here before.
Any idea how to go to the end of the race?
Date: August 23, 2006 11:55AM
Posted by: BenF1
Why is the title changed to released when it isn't quite yet?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy