Shanghai 2005: video material?

Posted by Ruboy 
Re: Shanghai 2005 update beta [released]
Date: November 01, 2005 08:03AM
Posted by: Brasileiro
if the wad file is indianapilis2001, substitue for 2005-indianapolis, if is a1ring2001, substitue for 2005-a1ring.

================================================
| Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.8ghz | 1024mb Ram DDR 400 Kingston | Geforce 6600GT XFX ViVo | ASUS A7N8X-X | HD 80gb Maxtor | SevenTeam 350w | LCD LG 17'| Genius Force Feedback Speed Wheel |

Date: November 01, 2005 10:43AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Yes, Brasiliero is right. And if you still got problems, just ask b-tone. Here surely will help you with success:)

Date: November 01, 2005 08:44PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Thanks for trying guys, but I'm really not following you here. There are only two files in the Shanghai download - the track wad "a1ring2001" and the "S1CT06" dat file.

Replacing the a1ring track wad in the main GP4 folder is simple enough, as is replacing the "S1CT06" dat file in the circuits folder. But there are not any other files present in the download to swap out.

There is no other dat file in the circuits folder named for the a1ring, since I am running Tony's 2005 mod. There is one for Sakhir titled "2005-Sakhir". And I don't know if or what I should replace that one with....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: November 01, 2005 08:56PM
Yes, I thing is Sakhir.
renaume for 2005-Sakhir.

save the origninals files at some folder. if something goes wrong you can go back to that. but I don't see any problem.

One thing mine shangai circuit is to replace indianapolis. A1 ring, as you said, is suposed to give place to a future circuit of Bahrein.

| Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.8ghz | 1024mb Ram DDR 400 Kingston | Geforce 6600GT XFX ViVo | ASUS A7N8X-X | HD 80gb Maxtor | SevenTeam 350w | LCD LG 17'| Genius Force Feedback Speed Wheel |

Date: November 01, 2005 11:18PM
Posted by: PSVwally
Can someone tell me this in good english, because i don't get it?
I cannot find the right 2005 shanghai v.09, only with the indi.wad....

the update 2005 is all a1-ring. So what to do?, because now i am missing most track and trackside textures
Date: November 02, 2005 01:38AM
i did tWhen, in the read me, says that you have to put the up dated files in a1ring wad, you put in the indianapolis wad file.

i did that and everything works fine.

You guys have to be less afraid of trying stuff. Make a backup i try. Simple.

Date: November 02, 2005 04:22AM
Brasileiro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You guys have to be less afraid of trying stuff.
> Make a backup i try. Simple.
>
>

What would be nice is if the guys that make this stuff would take an extra 5 minutes to type up an install read me that makes a lick of sense....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: November 02, 2005 04:31AM
Well but untill they don't do that, it doesn't hurt if you try something...

Date: November 02, 2005 09:12AM
Posted by: MiSeRy
How can i use the track for the a1ring slot?
Date: November 02, 2005 12:21PM
If you have shutt1e's version 0.9 a1ring will be replaced automatically when updating correctly with WadUpdater. I suppose that it makes not much sense to use the old Shanghai track which replaces Indy because there have been some modifications to version 0.9 and I cannot guarantee that it will work properly.

@Jagdpanzer: There are just two lines in the readme for the installation. But if you have the correct version 0.9 of the Shanghai track these instructions suffice.
If you are running a mod it is possible that the files have other names, but I cannot foresee that.

Date: November 02, 2005 12:40PM
Posted by: kimirgj
ruboy, in the wad folder for ur shanghai update u say to use wadupdater to put the files in the a1ring wad but some on the files are name indiapolis_xx or something like that

Date: November 02, 2005 02:26PM
no matter, the can be used as they are also defined in the .gp4.
Do not remove them!
Anyway, I will clean up the wad for the next version becuase I know that there are many textures which aren't used.

Date: November 02, 2005 04:42PM
Posted by: kimirgj
ok i was just wondering whether u needed to rename them

Date: November 05, 2005 09:12AM
Got Shanghai up and running! This track is fantastic...

About the update, since the textures are high rez, is there any kind of a PO hit using the update vs. the original?

Date: November 05, 2005 10:22AM
I haven't noticed anything yet. In fact,it's not me who said that it it hi-res:)
I have just changed the grass, gravel, tarmac, rails, fences and green surface to hi-res. The rest, particularly all the adverts have remained low-res.
If there is increased PO I asume that it's not too much.

Cheers,
Ruboy

Date: November 06, 2005 10:12PM
A couple of minor issues I have noticed. Siemens signage along pitroad alternates backwards text with the correct text. (Maybe a mirroring issue?) I also get flickering textures on the 50 meter, 100 meter and 150 meter signs. (Flickering so bad I can't read the numbers on them.)

I really like the asphalt run off areas and the split times and traffic lights you have added! Thanks for all the hard work Ruboy!

Date: November 06, 2005 11:50PM
No problem:) In deed, I also have noticed the issue about the 50mt, 100mt and 150 mt signs - I will correct it for next version.

Date: November 08, 2005 09:12PM
Any estimate as to when your next version might be released?

Date: November 08, 2005 10:39PM
Hm..better don't ask;) Atm I have printed the layout and I am correcting the banks on a piece of paper - I even haven't worked on the .dat yet. I doubt that a release will be this year. I am sure that I'll get the physical part completed this year - but there is much graphical stuff to add which will take its time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2005 11:10PM by Ruboy.
Date: November 28, 2005 11:48AM
Posted by: Camacho
Hi friends!!

I have updated the shanghai version which replaces A1-ring but when I try to dirve the textures are wrong in many places. Well, the pit building is white nad the asphalt in the pits is white too.

I think that something is wrong because in your game pics it looks very nice but in my game isn't it.

please some help!! I made the update correctly, I hope, but...

thanks a lot friends and a very happy racing from spain!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy