Release Day - Minardi Steering Wheel & Cockpit v1

Posted by stifflers mum 
reloaded it in this second. hope it works now!

enjoy
Re: Release Day - Minardi Steering Wheel & Cockpit v1
Date: October 26, 2005 02:34PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Works. Thanks.
Date: October 26, 2005 06:36PM
Posted by: Evers
has anybody a link for me GPItalia works not
Date: October 26, 2005 06:44PM
Posted by: fongu
try clicking on the words on the first post ;-)

Date: October 26, 2005 07:26PM
Posted by: Evers
Fongu it works thank you very much
Date: October 27, 2005 07:42AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
the visor on the cockpit is positioned well above the steering wheel. How do i fix this?
Here is a screenshot:

Is there some value i need to change in team editor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2005 07:51AM by Sil3nt-War.
Date: October 27, 2005 02:55PM
Posted by: Norway
Team EDitor ore GP4tweak.
Date: October 27, 2005 03:13PM
Posted by: b-tone
i'll send the remapped version tonite so i guess once the new cp textures are finihsed a final version should be online.

____
Tony

Sil3nt-War

use gp4 teameditor to change the position of the windshield/visor.

its all described in the INSTALLATION-README...... ;)
@ Stiffler Mum:
nice steering wheel, really. But, for my own use, I modified it in a some more general way. The problem is: where did You edit lights of Rev counter on steering? I suppose in the "German" or English".pos file. But, in which string?
If You will write me, I will send You my file and a preview, in order to give the opportunity, if You like my modifications, to publish also this version.
My e-mail:
n.acciarri@libero.it
Thanks
the lights are in the steering_wheel_display.tex file. you can release it and modify it as you want. good luck!
Date: October 30, 2005 08:25PM
Posted by: b-tone
@ Stiffler Mum:
i've sent you a PM with the re mapped shape.
you'll have to re do the team textures, but it shouldn't be tooo much work - mainly dongg the drivers suits. i've sent psd files too.

____
Tony

recieved tony. will do these days. thanks alot! ;)
Hi Stifflers Mum:
thanks for your replay. But, what I mean is this: in the original steering wheel, rpm lights are 5 ( 4 greens, and the last red ) for each side, while in your steering wheel they are positioned in a different place, and only 3 lights ( 2 greens, and 1 red ) are switching on rising rpm.
Should the steering wheel work with any new position of lights on texture ( new_steering_wheel_display ), or should they work with any other setting?
I wish to have again 5 lights for each side, although in the new position.
Hoping You have understood my request.
Thank You very much.
i understand nicola. you need lo2k´s 3Deditor to make the lights visible. open the file car_cockpit_00.gp4. to see the textures put in the same directory the files steering_wheel_centre, steering_wheel_ends and new_steering_wheel_display as TGA (!!!) files. the missing revlights are moved anywhere behind the wheel, so you have to search for and remove them in front of the wheel. this needs some knowledge in 3Deditor...hope this helps
Thanks, mate. But I have another question: You put in your Steering wheel pack the file " cockpit_steer.gp4".
This file is locked...and this is notorius. You can' open it with Zmodeler, and You can open only ( without changing, or saving it ) with GP4 3D editor ( I don't know why Lok2 have not still updated this option in his editor).
Therefore, please: what is exactly the file I have to edit, cockpit_steer.gp4 ( like You put in your pack ), or cockpit.gp4?
Eventually, can You send me your "open" file?
Thanks again, and sorry to bother you.
try this: open cockpit_steer in 3editor and save it as cockpit_steer.GP4
(not gp4, GP4!!!) then open again in zmodeler.
Thanks again for suggestion. But, when I load this file with GP4 3D editor, this tool displays the message that the file ( cockpit_steer ) CANNOT be changed or saved, becouse it's locked. You can open it..yes...but only this.
If You are able to do, I repeat: please, send me your "open" file.
Thank You.
Nic
i do not have any other file. maybe you have to rightclick on this file and disable the little box "save" or whichever language you are using..........
Date: November 05, 2005 12:38PM
Posted by: fongu
sorry to butt in on this conv, but can you send me the steering wheel gp4 file, the sides seemed to be flipped on the minardi wheel :/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy