Car Team Dependant question on performance

Posted by Buzz Hornet 
Car Team Dependant question on performance
Date: September 06, 2005 02:47PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Is there a rough estamiate on say a car set with 900BHP and a car with say 800BHP on the same track, set-up etc what the difference in lap time is?

I was hoping there might be some sort of calculation. The other alternative I could try it myself and see :)
Re: Car Team Dependant question on performance
Date: September 06, 2005 02:50PM
Posted by: b-tone
i have some values at home, but i always use the same bhp to ease the calculations.
adjusting the drivers values has the same effect.

for the driver value i'v found 430 roughly equals 1% lap time difference, although it varies at tracks.
so if A has 16430 and B 16000 then A will do a 1:40.000 and B a 1:41.000 :)

____
Tony

Date: September 06, 2005 02:56PM
Thanks B-Tone

Say I am running in hot-seat mode with a mate, does his driver value, say it is set at 430 lower than mine does that mean in thoery he will be slower than me? That way I could be in a better car than him and vica versa rather than just muck around with team power dependant.

Thanks for the calculations, will try :)
Date: September 06, 2005 02:58PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Use Lo2k's Team Editor, it has an excellent performance calculator. :)
For the example you gave, the 800 BHP car will be 2.411% slower, so a 1% difference will come from a gap of about 41 BHP. Of course, this also depends on driver performance, so it's better to use Team Editor!
Date: September 06, 2005 03:05PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Oops! Looks like Tony answered while I was writing... by the way, I use 428.75 instead of 430 -- it's more accurate but makes little difference.
Date: September 06, 2005 03:19PM
well mine's actually 429 (cant have decimals) but i didnt want te seem pedantic :p

____
Tony

Date: September 06, 2005 03:21PM
Does it still apply when playing hot seat though?

Date: September 06, 2005 03:33PM
dont knoe. i never play hotseat, so havent really experimented.
give yourself 17000 and your mate 13000 and see if theres any difference.

____
Tony

Date: September 06, 2005 03:35PM
Will do thanks mate
Date: September 08, 2005 02:55PM
Posted by: gilles
Only HP affects human driver performance. Grip variations are only for CC cars.

Date: September 08, 2005 03:03PM
Thanks my friend, the exact answer I was looking for, even if it isn't the answer I wanted :)
Date: September 08, 2005 03:43PM
Posted by: gilles
Sorry Buzz, I didn't understand your question.

But I think (I have to check it) that the game manual says that when in hot seat mode, the computer drives your car (while you are off turn) «as well» as your human opponents.

Actually, I played several championships with my brother and the laptimes are very similar.

Date: September 08, 2005 07:16PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
To answer to Jason, about Hot Seat:
1) You can play in Hot seat modality with GP4 without Gpxpatch, or also with Gpxpatch,
unchecking the option GPxTrack in the first page.
In this case, You will have the features of default Hot seat modality ( Arcade ),
since all cars will have the same bhp power, and You can choice the times You drive,
in game options, but laps are depending on the lenght of the race ( 100% lenght, or
quick race ).

2) You can play in Hot seat modality, with GPXpatch without GPxtrack option if You
have installed magic files ( in this way, You don't use magic files...),
but using the page Settings You can load a perf text, a Physic file,
and the option Car power team dependant.

Referring to my Perf Pack 2004, but useful for all perf packs:
3) You can play in Hot seat modality with GPxpatch and Gpxtrack option: in this case,
if You have no magics, the modality will be as previously reported; if You have magics,
depending on their features, You will have the opportunity to play with full features
of Performances Pack only if You install specific Magic file, and use specific gpxset.ini
file with GPxpatch. You find these particular files in this Pack ( Hot_Seat_modality folder ).
Infact, if You play in Hot seat modality using magic and gpxset files for 2004 fuel qualify quantity,
You will be able to do only 1 half lap for each driver in race. This is a limit of 2004 rules magics.
On the other hand, if You run a Qualify session without 2004 rules magic file, the maximum rate of fuel
You can get in car will be for 8 laps ( only 4 in default ).

Then, speaking about performances for GP4, I can briefly say that both human and CPu drivers are depending for their performances mainly from Physic file and perf text ( also physic file includes some specific values affecting in a different way human and CPU drivers ); on the other hand, much more different is the impact on performances that some specific values in magic files ( tracks ) may have on human and CPu drivers.

Some useful things:
Car power value in GP4 ( like in GP3 and GP3 Add on ) is expressed by BHP ( Brake Horse Power ), that is not exactly like italian or french CV ( Horse power ).
1 CV = 735,5 Watt 1 BHP = 745,7 Watt
Therefore, if a car has 800 CV, it has 789,057 BHP.
And, if that car has 800 BHP, it has 811,0747 CV.

For Team Failures ( Perf text ):
A value of 4000 means 9% of failures possibility for that team ( Not car specific among the same team cars ), while 5000 is 12%, etc, until a value of 32767, that means 80% of failures probability.

To adjust quickly perf texts, consider that:
difference of car powerof 10 BHP means in Gp3Edit 0,241 seconds % (in Team Editor: 0,238 ).
10 BHP for a car are like a perf value of 102 for a driver (101,15 ca. with Team Editor).

If 2 drivers have the same ability ( perf ) value ( for example, 16500 for both drivers ), and cars with power differing of 10 BHP ( for example, 875 e 865 BHP ), driver with less BHP car power will employ about 0,100 seconds more then the other driver for one track lap.
On the other hand, if 2 drivers have the same car ( same BHP power ), with a different value of performances of about 70, the less skilled driver will be 0,100 seconds less fast on one lap.
Finally, although with the same perf value, if a driver has 20 BHP less than another driver, he will be less fast of about 2km/h in the max speed trap ( depending on the track ).
And remember that drivers with poor ability values have more chances of failres in a team, and commonly all poor skilled drivers ( CPU drivers..of course ) more easily will make errors in driving.

Date: September 09, 2005 12:55AM
Awesome thanks Nic, I will apply your knowledge. Thanks for the detailed facts. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy