McLaren MP4-20 (version 2 ready)

Posted by Teraur 
Re: McLaren MP4-20 (release)
Date: March 06, 2005 08:23AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
great. look forward to updates. Will Melbourne version include Johnnie Walker and No Tobacco versions?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 06, 2005 02:02PM
Posted by: KimiGo
Can't wait for release Mp4/20 Version 2 ?
Before next weeek-end ?
Date: March 06, 2005 02:23PM
Posted by: Button14
leave the poor guy alone , let him work on his car in his own time, and be gratefull for what u get

Date: March 06, 2005 02:50PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Exactly.

Date: March 06, 2005 03:06PM
Posted by: Sauber89
look he gave us the car before melbourne lets be grateful aey :)

Date: March 08, 2005 10:17PM
Posted by: Teraur
Hi all!

I'm uploading NT and Johnnie Walker version on GP4Italia.

It's the same shape as the first version, there's just texture assignement which is different due to the NT livrery and of course the textures are different.

The new version of the shape will coming next, but it's not started yet.

Here's the preview of the cars.

Teraur

--------------------------------

Happy owner of : Epiphone Les Pauls 100 - Fender Stratocaster Standard - Gibson Les Pauls Standard
Re: McLaren MP4-20 (NT & Johnnie Walker versions)
Date: March 08, 2005 10:30PM
Posted by: kimirgj
wicked thanks teraur, cant wait :) :) :)

Date: March 08, 2005 11:21PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Date: March 09, 2005 03:59AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: March 09, 2005 06:29AM
Posted by: sunil

great car and nice to see non-tabacco livery.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: March 09, 2005 07:57AM
Posted by: erwin_78
I've noticed that Juan has black chimneys and Kimi white ones. You think you can include that too?
Date: March 09, 2005 05:44PM
Beer, excellent music and I'm starting to update the shape.

I will update the nose to make it less flat, the little bumps, modify the rear of the sidepod which aren't accurate and change some other things too.

Wath do you thinck I should change or add to this version of the car? :)

Teraur

Happy owner of : Epiphone Les Pauls 100 - Fender Stratocaster Standard - Gibson Les Pauls Standard
Date: March 09, 2005 05:46PM
Posted by: Lauda
chimney's could be a bit better...

Mclaren only fears reliability!
Date: March 09, 2005 08:11PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
By the way: McLaren color will changed to orange in mid of 2005. Thats the reason why they wear this actual orange-black shirts in pits. Orange is the original color of mclaren. Because they`ll change their main sponsor (from west to jw) they`ll change their colors.
Date: March 09, 2005 08:53PM
Posted by: kaid
ah no, not those colors it looks real ugly. The west livery is the best

Date: March 09, 2005 10:51PM
Posted by: matt
SchimmyMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way: McLaren color will changed to orange
> in mid of 2005. Thats the reason why they wear
> this actual orange-black shirts in pits. Orange is
> the original color of mclaren. Because they`ll
> change their main sponsor (from west to jw)
> they`ll change their colors.

Are you sure?.West company colours are red and white.its mecedes and mobil 1 that are silver and black.

Date: March 09, 2005 11:41PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Heard and read this in the end of 2004. At this time it was clear that West wont continue the contract with Mclaren.

Haug said that Johnny Walker will be the new main sponsor. The black, white and silver colour was the new 97 design layout for "mercedes silberpfeil" (silver arrow...???). This colours has nothing to do with west or mclaren.

Haug said that they`ll change their colours back to the root - original Mclaren colour is orange. And now think about why they wear this actual t-shirts - orange at top, black at bottom. ;)

Haug said that mclaren fans will be very surprised about the new upcomming layout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2005 11:44PM by SchimmyMike.
Date: March 10, 2005 08:46AM
Posted by: erwin_78
found this very (not real) pretty one :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2005 08:46AM by erwin_78.
Date: March 10, 2005 03:56PM
Posted by: montana_uk
Yeah - i saw that pic too - it was in F1 Racing...they made it with Photoshop, as they have witha few pics in the past. It is a very nice mock up.
They had Martin Whitmarsh (McLaren MD - Ron's right hand man) tell them that they did a good job making the pic, but it was "wrong" (said with a wry smile).

We can only wait and see what develops in the summer, but does anyone want to have a go making that one...

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: March 10, 2005 10:32PM
I heard that Johnny Walker will "just" give 20 millions this year and the 20 others will come from West. And if I'm correct, teams can't change their colors in the year no? just logos but not the entire paint scheme, like BAR in China last year with just 555 logo and always the Lucky Strike colors. So I think the colors will change next year, at least for the two races car, don't now for the third.

In the new version of the shape, I added the little bumps, and the little things where the suspensions are attach. And there is a slightly modified front wing and bardge boards as seen in Melbourne, new lower rear wing, and I rework the rear of the sidepods, especially the exhausts aera that were tottaly wrong, the nose which is less flat now and the horns. The front of the sidepods are better now I think. And some little other details. That's all for the moment.

The withe parts have been rebuild from scratch.

Teraur

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy