Old Man Needs Help...

Posted by SCutshall 
Old Man Needs Help...
Date: April 21, 2024 11:07PM
Posted by: SCutshall
Excuse the long post but I do need help...

I raced some sims back in the early 2000's and then stopped due to family and life, now I am old (60 years old, like I said, Old!) but want to get back on it!
Loved GP4 and GPL back then and ultimately want to get both up and running but really want to dive back into GP4 the most.

1. Where do I purchase GP4, eBay? Is there a site where I can purchase it digitally?

2. I recall hearing something about wheel & pedal issues or axis issues with GP4, could someone tell me what that is or perhaps what wheels & pedals encounter it or is it something else?

3. Still need to purchase a wheel and pedals, been looking at the tried and true of a Logitech G923 set but also considering Fanatec... are there any sets to avoid or conversely lean towards for use with GP4?

4. I have a newer PC that I built a year ago running Windows 11... will there be any conflicts with that OS and GP4?

5. Finally, once the above is accomplished -- what are the essential mods to use? Really want to relive the early 90's through late 2000's, and very excited to begin!

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.
Re: Old Man Needs Help...
Date: April 21, 2024 11:24PM
Posted by: JCaranti
Welcome back to GP4.

1- No need to purchase Gp4. Its free.
Get this [www.mediafire.com]
It has everything you need to get the game running.

2. When you installed the logitech software make sure to tilt COMBINE PEDALS(gas and brake)

3. Dont buy Fanatec wheels and pedals. They are problematic for GP4.
My suggestion go for a Logitech G29 or G923 but make sure its for PC !!!!!!.

4. Windows 11 should work fine for Gp4.

5. You need to install Zaz tools. The best Gp4 mods are for CSM(carset manager) and TSM(track set Manager)

I recomend the 1994 4.1 mod [fongugp4.blogspot.com]
Here is the 1994 track pack [sharemods.com]

Have a great time(Y)(Y)

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Date: April 22, 2024 04:06PM
Posted by: DaSilva
Welcome!

JCaranti already gave you the right steps to start. I can add some info.

1: Some help for installing GP4: [www.grandprixgames.org] (is on top of the gp4 forum start page)

3: I use a Thrustmaster T300 RS set wich works perfectly with GP4. Also had to put pedals to combined in the settings.

4: No problems here with win11

5: Mods? I started with 1991, now doing 1992. Great mods. But pretty much all the mods are great actually.

GP4 isn't that user friendly. There is a lot of information available on this forum but the search bar here doesn't really work. A better option is to go to Google and put in the search bar: grandprixgames (and the terms you search for behind it) so [grandprixgames zaz tools] for example.

Good luck and have fun!
Date: April 24, 2024 08:46AM
Posted by: GP4Addicted
DaSilva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> GP4 isn't that user friendly. There is a lot of in
> formation available on this forum but the search b
> ar here doesn't really work. A better option is to
> go to Google and put in the search bar: grandprixg
> ames (and the terms you search for behind it) so
> for example.

Yep, the best advice ever for specific questions and doubts.

Google even list related threads under the main search result.

And last but not least, the search results font size are way bigger than at the grandprixgames.org search tool.(H)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy