CSM cars are not changing

Posted by Binisteri 
CSM cars are not changing
Date: March 27, 2024 09:47PM
Posted by: Binisteri
Hi! After a LONG break from GP4 I decided to give it a go once again! I used the installer pinned in the first page and then downloaded few mods and track packs. It seems that the game is not changing the cars correctly when applying new mod. Everything else changes nicely - the rims, tyres, engines, helmets and so on but the actual car bodies are the original ones from the vanilla.
Re: CSM cars are not changing
Date: March 28, 2024 01:31PM
Posted by: JerezMcGuire
Welcome to the unpredictable world of third party mods. I've had some trouble too with the CSM. Firstly make sure you have the very latest CSM version, it's 1.27c. You can try reinstalling carsets, but I found this often unreliable. Doesn't hurt to try though.

I think the best solution is simply to make a back up of your installed cars. Although it's a hassle, after a corrupt CSM install I've uninstalled GP4 and CSM, done a registry clean, and reinstalled them. Then every time I get a successful CSM install I make a backup of the GPSAVES folder. So if I get a bad subsequent CSM install, I can just go back to the earlier one.
Date: March 28, 2024 02:13PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Try to run the vanilla game once, put the video optins ingame on "high", then exit and SAVE.

Then go back to CSM and try to run mod again.

Say to us if it works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2024 07:43PM by kerleyf1.
Date: March 28, 2024 05:25PM
Posted by: Binisteri
Unfortunantely this trick did not work. Everything else changes nicely apart from car skins. Even the shape of the car is different but still when I for example play 1992 mod Ayrton Senna is basically driving a MP4-7 with a MP4-15 skin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy