graphics issues with windshield and rear wing

Posted by littbarski 
graphics issues with windshield and rear wing
Date: December 17, 2023 09:18PM
Posted by: littbarski
Hello,

GP4 is really a good game to play after 20 years now :) especially with wheel and everything fine now.

...only: in the T cam view the small windshield before the steering wheel is disappearing from time to time, probably a lighting, shadow, reflection issue.
I don't want to use too many shadows and reflections, so can I perhaps turn the windshield off, or is there a setting in the f1graphics for this?

And also interesting would be: where can I find the tex file for the rear wing of a car? I looked at all the car tex files but did not find it there :).

I know those beginners' question are not so interesting for most, but my hope is just that there could be an easy hint.

And those are the two remaining issues.
Re: graphics issues with windshield and rear wing
Date: December 18, 2023 09:58AM
I found the rear wing (at least I think this is correct) in the ferrari_2.tex as a small part of it, so not really something with resolution to show a text. I made it to red color only in the tex (tga), now it looks great.

Next step for me is searching for the bug of the small wingshield in the T cam view which is disappearing, probably depending from the light (sun) coming from a certain side. Still I did not find anything in the cfg file. Any hint here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2023 09:58AM by littbarski.
Date: December 18, 2023 11:19AM
Posted by: fongu
I've never found a consistent fix for the windshield bug

Date: December 18, 2023 11:46AM
thank you, good to know that it's not only me.
is this bug dependent on the car that one uses, or even better, of some setting in the f1graphics, like lod, reflection, shadow?
or can the wingshield be deleted in a file? (gp4?)
Date: December 18, 2023 08:32PM
I have deleted the windshield now in the gp4 file for the car, only one car that I use. Looks better, and seems a good solution for me. Hope it won't be a problem when one day I change the f1graphics for better graphics (car shader, reflections).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy