GP4 Tweaker & slipstream, how to enable?

Posted by JeDa 
GP4 Tweaker & slipstream, how to enable?
Date: July 30, 2007 10:25AM
Posted by: JeDa
Hi,
I have downloaded GP4 Tweaker and want to enable the slipstream effect. I have GP4 Teaker 1.0.4.5
How do I enable this slipstream option? I cant find it anywhere in GP4 Tweaker. I have 34 options I can chose from within GP4 Tweaker but the slipstream isn't included. Do I have the wrong version?

Also, how do I enable the /P option in my GP4tweaker shortcut? I read the readme but it only says that I have to create a shortcut for each GP4 install and that I have to add the /P option. It doesnt say where and how....

Thanks for your help!
Re: GP4 Tweaker & slipstream, how to enable?
Date: July 31, 2007 11:54AM
Hi,
Nobody knows how I can install and get GP4tweaker to work?

This is what I did:
1) installed the file as mentioned in the readme, I also created the shortcut, I found out how the /P option worked :)
2) I run GP4 tweaker.... but can't find the slipstream option anywhere...

Should I run GP4 from GP4tweaker? How can I use GPxPatch? Now I use GPxpatch to run GP4.

Please help!
Date: July 31, 2007 01:27PM
Posted by: adie_v8
i never know there's a slip stream in gp4 tweaker..hope there is :D

Would be better to run GP4 using gpxpatch coz there're a lots of great patch in it :D
Date: July 31, 2007 01:51PM
Posted by: Sohle
invest 5 minutes to search, I think there are 3 or 4 threads to slipstream

Sohle
Date: July 31, 2007 02:50PM
Hi,
I did search, and there are indeed a lot of threads but in none of them I could find the answer to my question.... I read them all, they are about changing the values in the *.ini files and which values are realistic. I know how to change the files, I also know that I can change the just dont know how to enable the gp4tweak.ini to enable the slipstream effect but if I just put this ini file in the main GP4 folder, the gp4tweak.exe also in the main GP4 folder, the *.dll file in the windows\system32\ folder and the other *.ini files in the GP4 folder, how do I run GP4, GP4 tweaker and GPxPatch?

@addie V8,
Yes, there is a slipstream effect in GP4. You can run it by GP4tweaker and use it with GPxpatch at the same time. I just dont know how. This sleapstream effect simulates the lost of downforce (dirty air) when you are close behind an other car which makes overtaking more difficult and more realistic.

See this download: [gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com]
You have to get v1045 reloaded. GP4tweakers seems great!!!
Date: July 31, 2007 02:56PM
Hi,
Just paragraph from the readme.txt

HOW TO USE
----------
Run setup program to install your copy of GP4 Tweaker to any folder of you choose. Please do not running this program while GP4 is also running. Exiting from GP4 and closes any applications that alter GP4 files before running this program. Always close this program once you made changes. Avoid running GP4 or some other GP4 utilities while this program is running. GP4 Tweaker comes with several tweaking facilities. Refer to TWEAKLIST.TXT file for the complete details about these tweakings.

This works great for all 34(!) tweaks which are included but it doesnt for the slipstream effect.... and that's the only tweak I want to use at the moment.

So if I understand correctly it works this way:
1. Install GP4tweaker
2. Run GP4tweaker
3. enable/disable the tweaks at choice (cant find the slipstream tweak)
4. close GP4tweaker
5. Run GP4 (with or without GPxPatch)

Is this right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 02:58PM by JeDa.
Date: August 01, 2007 01:00AM
i'll try first and let you know the result :D and thx for the link
Date: August 01, 2007 04:20PM
Hi,
I found out how it works, it's not complicated if you know what to do:

1) Install GP4Tweaker V1045_reloaded (date 6 sept 2005), you can get it here: [gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com]
2) Run GP4 tweaker, make sure that if you have multiple installs of GP4 it points to the right install (see also the readme file), make a change to one of the options and hit "apply" I changed option 22, headmovement because it's easy to check if it works :) You HAVE to do this to "activate" GP4tweaker. It doesnt matter which option you pick, you will/van disable it again in step 5.
3) Run GP4 from within GP4tweaker (button "run gp4";)
4) Quit GP4, check the GP4 main folder to see if there's a file called "gp4tweak.txt", this is a log file from gp4tweaker. Open it and check if GP4tweaker has run.
5) Run GP4 tweaker again and disable the option you have enabled in step 2, quit GP4 tweaker
6) Run GP4 from GPxPatch and check if the headmovement is gone, quit GP4 and check the "gp4tweak.txt" file again
7) Download GP4tweak_PE.zip (date 27 june 2004) from here [gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com]
8) Unzip the file and read the readme and follow the instruction to install it. You have to overwrite some files.
9) Open the "gp4tweak.ini" file which is stored in the main GP4 folder. In this file you can disable or enable some options including the slipstreameffect. I disabled the FFB, dirt and visor option because I dont like them. I enabled the slipstream effect!
10) Run GP4 from GPxpatch. Quit GP4 and once again check the "gp4tweak.txt" file. You should see these lines:
01-08-2007 14:21 [ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipFrontWing()]
01-08-2007 14:21 [ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipRearWing()]
01-08-2007 14:21 [ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipGripInit()]
01-08-2007 14:21 [ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipGripFinal()]
01-08-2007 14:21 [ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipNoAccel()]
Then you know for sure that the slipstream effect works!
11) Do some testing to see if you like the slipstream values, I like the default which make it very difficult to overtake cars (which has to be difficult!). If you dont like it you can allways lower the effect by changing the values in the "gp4tweak_data.ini" file which is also in your main GP4 folder. You have to reduce the vaule 50 to something like 20-30.

Good luck!!

BTW I did some testing on Barcelona with the slipstream effect enabled and with it disabled.
I started at the back of the grid to test it. Without the slipstream effect disabled I could easiliy follow other car around the track and was within the top ten in a few (4) laps. With the effect enabled it took me 15(!) laps to just find the right opertunity to overtake the car who was in 15th place!
Date: August 03, 2007 03:00AM
waw, thx jeda..finally i've been shortened out by you :D thumbsup and thx :D
Date: June 26, 2013 09:21PM
Posted by: kimifanaat
Hi all!

It seems that the website to download GP4 Tweaker Personal Edition isn't online anymore. Does anybody know an other website to get it?

Thx!

Date: November 11, 2013 04:40PM
Posted by: TheFueleffect
The slipstream patch doesn't seem to work with my computer, even though everything seems fine:

[ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipFrontWing()]
[ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipRearWing()]
[ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipGripInit()]
[ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipGripFinal()]
[ ] Patching successfull [slipstream->SlipNoAccel()]

Still the AI overtake like they are participating in a Moto GP race. There is no "dirty air" effect no matter what I do. I've changed SlipPlayer to 1 and back to 0 again, but to no avail. Does anyone know why?
Date: November 11, 2013 07:38PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
TheFueleffect schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know why?

Yes, because the dirty air effect doesn't work for AI cars - never! I know, the possible settings promise something different and I am sure the dirty air effect once was planned to work for AI cars as well, but it doesn't.

The only way to decrease the likelyhood for overtaking for the cccars as well is to increase the "Downforce/Drag Ratio"-value in the physics file. You will need values of more than 3.0 to decrease overtaking-likelihood significant, what - sadly on the other hand - causes unrealistic top speeds on the straights.
Date: November 15, 2013 03:08PM
Posted by: TheFueleffect
Alright, thanks! Too bad the slipstream tool is yet unfinished. GP4 is very much like the present-day F1, with a lot of overtaking and a lot of tyre wear, so in fact it was well ahead of its time. ;) But I like the early 2000 F1 more.

Does anyone know how to "complete" GP4Tweaker?
Date: December 07, 2023 12:06PM
Posted by: Indigo_Sir
That Vadertrophy site doesn't even work anymore. Does anyone have a fix for the slipstream tweak? I got the base tweaker working but the slipstream part is where things get rocky.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy