What is the reason?

Posted by OgroDangerous 
What is the reason?
Date: October 06, 2022 04:13AM
Posted by: OgroDangerous
Good evening!
I have a question and if anyone can explain, I would appreciate it.
If the game is one, and there are only modifications (MOD), why are the gameplay of some MODs different?
I've been doing a gameplay analysis of some MODs, and I see some really amazing ones, but the gameplay is really bad for me as I play on the keyboard.
Difficulty driving, car always slips around corners, skids giving a hobbyhorse if you accelerate too much, etc.
And others, simpler, but with wonderful gameplay, which makes playing, you feel the car in your hands, you feel competitive.
Why this difference in gameplay between the MODs if the base of the game is the same?
I wish I had a technical explanation for this.

You know that amazing MOD, with amazing cars, wonderful tracks, everything LOL!!!! :-O
I spend all day trying to make it have the same gameplay as that simple MOD, and installing and reinstalling...
I lost count of how many times I reinstalled zaztools, gpxpatch, windows!!! My God, either I play with the simple MOD and I'm happy, or I die trying to improve the gameplay of the fantastic MOD!! This bothers me so much! Having a wonderful MOD and just having it, just to enjoy and play with the smallest, but efficient!!!

Sidney Jones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 04:23AM by OgroDangerous.
Re: What is the reason?
Date: October 06, 2022 09:09AM
Posted by: Lacrowe

hi Jones,

I have read your question and maybe I can give you some interesting answers even if I use a different simulator. In general, those who produce a videogame for a specific audience of age or gender, are based on a software structure with parameters defined as standard, that is, which are also found in other gaming companies. This is due to the fact that the operating system requires well-defined parameters to manage the game, but without going into too technical details I would say that GP4 uses many parameters that are also used in Assetto Corsa or Codemaster, this because the end user must know manage the game without getting lost in reading the instruction manual
Speaking of MODs that are created by professionals or by simple enthusiasts, you must consider that everything can be modified so that the game takes the best shape of the one who makes it. The sound, the detailed cars, the physics that give that realism to the car you use and much more are parameters that are managed to create a game MOD. It often happens that in certain MODs you can find yourself better driving or you have a set of very detailed cars than others, and this is given by the choice of those who create to touch only what they think is best to do, or that they are more able to manage. , all to give a quality product.

The history of videogames is quite simple, at the beginning the few companies that produced games for children were interested in making a game with a unique technique, that is, that was not managed by other competitive companies. Today everyone has understood that to make a game more salable and stay on the market as long as possible, it must be modifiable and adaptable to keep up with real life. This ability to customize a video game for work and produces a large number of people who are attracted to that video game. Globalization is an established fact in this world and it therefore seems obvious that through a basic game there is the possibility of finding applications on the web that always give an update in order to make it always young and beautiful.

Marie
Re: What is the reason?
Date: October 06, 2022 09:13AM
Posted by: jkraid92
I might be wrong but my thinking is that the cars behave differently depending on which era of the MODs you're using.
It's like on other sims like rFactor where some cars harder to drive than others and you'll benefit using a wheel on some cars than using a keyboard.
On top of that; there's a tool used to set the physics of the cars which modders use when testing the mod before release to come close the real life feel.
That's my 2 cents
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy