Pedals Set Up & Calibrated But Unresponsive

Posted by evil.hEiNz 
Pedals Set Up & Calibrated But Unresponsive
Date: August 08, 2022 01:52PM
Posted by: evil.hEiNz
Hey guys,

it's been quite a while since I've last posted hear - can't believe how long I've been registered here :D

Anyway, I seem to have hit a wall on my quest to get GP4 running with modern peripherals: After finally getting my device order right so the game detects my wheelbase (Fanatec DD2) and Pedals (Venym Atrax), I was able to set up both in-game and calibrate everything as well. However, while the wheel and its buttons work, even including FFB, the pedals do absolutely nothing. Which is super weird since they are detected perfectly fine in the menu and picked up in the calibration screen as well. Checked the drivers as well, all pedals work as intended - just not once I hit the track.

Anyone have any idea about what could be going on here? I've been fiddling with this stuff for hours since Friday but couldn't make it work yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2022 01:52PM by evil.hEiNz.
Re: Pedals Set Up & Calibrated But Unresponsive
Date: August 08, 2022 08:21PM
Posted by: JCaranti
I dont know about fanatec wheels but i do know about logitech wheels.

In the logitech wheels you need to put in the settings ¨report combine pedals" in order to the pedals to work.
Since i dont anything about fanatec wheel look for something similar and that should allow inside the game to do calibration.

Tell me if it worked.(Y)

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Date: August 09, 2022 11:03AM
Hey, thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, the pedals do not support that - which was somewhat expected as they are rather modern compared to GP4 itself.

The weird part is that I am actually able to calibrate them and set up GP4 to use them for acceleration and braking, which works fine in the menus but not on track somehow.

I might try and map them to vJoy as they worked in-game before when I had my wheel and pedals combined with that method, but that makes you lose FFB. The hoops you have to jump through for this to work... :-o

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2022 11:04AM by evil.hEiNz.
Date: August 09, 2022 11:55AM
Posted by: JCaranti
Yeahh mate i know, I saw some fanatec people tried this and had a hard time to set it up and to be honest i dont know if it even worked !!.

I just did a little research and i saw a fanatec wheel with a porsche 911 wheel and in the fanatec profile(software) in the settings menu i saw this option of combine pedals.
Maybe their is that option for your particular version of the fanatec wheel.

(Y)(Y)

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Date: August 09, 2022 01:21PM
The problem is that my pedals aren't Fanatec ones, so they are not connected to the wheel base. In theory, that should not be much of a problem I guess, as GP4 can handle two controllers (getting the device order right in Windows is a different story though). The part that absolutely puzzles me is that it reads correctly in the menus, I would've expected it not to if there was a problem. But I'll keep this thread updated on a possible solution :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy