Crowd or other objects problem

Posted by viking75 
Crowd or other objects problem
Date: July 06, 2022 12:12PM
Posted by: viking75
Hello everyone

When I work on a track my main problem is that some objects are visible on gp4 builder but they are missing in the game. Above all the crowd. I change the clipping distance or flag values to test if it works but it fails. I try for example to put crowd in the Misano track but it doesn't work. About the trees they become flats and some buildings, stands etc become torned. I already had this problem when I created the 1 or 2 tracks for the communauty and I was each time obliged to delete objects without replace. In Macau for example my marshalls and some palms are staying on gp4 builder but they are completely disappeared in the game. Turbo Lover helped me at this period. You can guess I tried and tried before to ask your help but I'm fed up now with this problem. Modders, what is your secret please ??? Why are you so skillful ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2022 12:14PM by viking75.
Re: Crowd or other objects problem
Date: July 06, 2022 01:42PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Visibility is also influenced by the objects' class. For example, depending on your graphical settings NTREE_ (near tree) will be displayed but FTREE_ (far tree) won't. For crowds there is another setting, those objects with suffix _FULL will show at qualifying and race sessions, those without the suffix will only show at free practice.

Also check your object's materials. Trees, fences and marshalls usually need to have a material with the 2-sided property enabled, while solid objects such as buildings don't.

Finally, check the vertex normals in your objects. For solid objects, they must always point outwards; for flat objects the normals should usually point to the direction which will be visible to the player car.

There is also the possibility an object has been corrupted somehow, that's difficult to detect but usually exporting it into .3ds and reimporting it fixes the issue.

viking75
About the trees they become flats and some buildings, stands etc become torned.

I didn't understand what you meant here, sorry.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: July 06, 2022 02:04PM
Posted by: neilcaine
The objects camera setting can also mean they are sometimes not seen in game. If you add an object to a track in gp4builder they default to a camera setting of 20 and this generally needs to be changed to 0 or to the setting of another object close by
Date: July 06, 2022 02:32PM
Posted by: zifox
I can think of two issues: the draw distance that can hide the mesh if it's farther from the camera than the value set, and the max polygon limit which cannot be changed.

I hit the latter issue last year when trying to make a detailed track: i made a custom shape for tyre walls, and from the beginning had display issues. I had a few hundred faces for each tyre column, it was enough to brake everything.

Some screens of the issue in there, and maybe hints for your problem: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2022 02:33PM by zifox.
Date: July 06, 2022 09:40PM
Posted by: viking75
Thank you very much, guys, your informations are really very precious and valuable to me, I will try very soon, I look forward to making progress. Really, thank you very much to all of you, to jimbob too!!! See you soon.

@Prblanco. This is the translation by google : "About the trees they become flats and some buildings, stands etc become torned". I meant that some objects are not whole in the game, some bits are missing, but you have answered me. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy