CSM not working on Windows 11

Posted by Pat234 
CSM not working on Windows 11
Date: December 15, 2021 01:18PM
Posted by: Pat234
Hello

I'm new to this forum so my knowledge about modding gp4 is also quite limited. But basically, Car Set Manager doesn't work on Windows 11. I tried every possible solution from Compatibility mode, directplay, and not installing it in program files etc. but nothing worked. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
Re: CSM not working on Windows 11
Date: December 20, 2021 11:58AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
Did you do a clean install of the latest version of csm (1.27b)? Do not install it to \Program Files. Just install it to C:\ZAZ Tools or something like that.
I did not have any issues on Win11 at all. Make sure to not apply any compatibility (or similar) settings, this does causes issues only.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Re: CSM not working on Windows 11
Date: December 20, 2021 01:27PM
Posted by: superman77m
Very important !!!
Zaz tools has to be installed outside of Programs Files (x86) and not under Program Files.

- Install Zaz Tools from AN ORIGINAL INSTALLER.

- Restart the PC

Zaz Tools files that you will need to tweak:
Csmcore: Make it run as Administrator and compatibility with windows xp / Service Pack 2
Tsm: Just run as Administrator
tsmcore: Make it run as Administrator and compatibility with windows xp / Service Pack 2

Open CSM, enter FILE - Options and press the "File Association" button. Select all

That was the method I used to get everything going.

The only thing that doesn't work is that before you could click on a .tex file and see the texture.
Well, from windows 8 and windows 10 you can no longer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2021 01:29PM by superman77m.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy