Tex not downloading into wad properly

Posted by F1Classicfan 
Tex not downloading into wad properly
Date: November 07, 2021 02:13AM
Posted by: F1Classicfan
Hello,

I'm trying to put some pitstands in the 1980 Brands Hatch track. I place them in the wads gp4 file using gp4 builder but when I try to add the corresponding tex files using wad updater, the tex files do not go into the file folder in this case silverstone2001, but rather they download only into the maps folder. This results in the game having the pitstands, but they are just plain white with no textures. I tried extracting the tex files directly in the file folder but that does not work either. I did notice that when trying to download the textures when I look at the path in the show/hide files in wad updater, they remain blank whereas everything else is in maps\silverstone\2001. I have the same issue for any tex I try to download into this wad. First time I've come across an issue like this, most times the transfer of tex files in a wad goes smoothly.

Just wondering if anyone else has has a similar situation or has any suggestions? - Thanks in advance
Re: Tex not downloading into wad properly
Date: November 07, 2021 06:28AM
Posted by: landex
Try Easywad and then open the wad and drag the txt where you want to.
Date: November 07, 2021 04:36PM
Posted by: Duffer
Else you can try wad controller. Open your wad and drag and drop your files into Wad controller

--------------------------------------------

Date: November 08, 2021 10:20AM
Posted by: zifox
I'd do as Duffer suggests. I've always had a lot of issues with wadupdater and easywad (wrongs paths, several copies of the same file, that sort of thing), maybe because i never understood what they're supposed to do, while WadController works as I think it does.

A global advice when working on tracks / cars: always rebuild the wad from scratch for a folder on your drive. It's much easier to maintain a clear archive, as the contents of the folder you work in are the same as the wad file.
Date: November 09, 2021 11:43PM
Posted by: F1Classicfan
Thanks guys,

I tried both landex and Duffer's suggestions and each one worked perfectly.

Thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy