CSM controlled AI setups?

Posted by firebreather 
CSM controlled AI setups?
Date: October 03, 2021 01:02PM
Posted by: firebreather
Is it possible to change AI set ups with the CSM?

I have some different seasons ranging from the late 90's to now and whilst todays horsepower values are around 1000hp, back in '97 it was more like 700hp. So that means that you can't really use the same top gear set ups for the AI as if they are tuned for 1000hp, then in a 700hp car they barely get out of 5th gear.

I can change the magic data in tracks and using the TSM, but rather than duplicating all the tracks and having one load of tracks for cars between 700-800hp, then another load for 800-900hp etc, it would be nice if the CSM could swap out the magic data depending on which season has been chosen.
Re: CSM controlled AI setups?
Date: October 03, 2021 01:12PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
i fear that's not possible. i tried the same already. You could theoretically change magic data via patch.ini (since it's originally stored in gp4.exe), but as soon as you use any modded track, it will automatically be overwritten by the dat-file.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: October 03, 2021 02:11PM
I wonder how or when the TSM updates the magic data? The magic data normally stored in the dat file can be different from that in the TSM magic data tmd file, so it must update it on the fly somehow, before it swaps all the dats over to the GP4 folder.

Maybe this is one for a future TSM update. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2021 02:12PM by firebreather.
Date: October 03, 2021 03:16PM
It can be done!

In TSM you can set different track profiles/sets to use different magic data files for the tracks.

Just duplicate the magic data file in the track folder, then create a new track profile set and in manage tracks select the new magic data file. If you don't select one, it will just choose default.tmd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy