Help on Installing Car Mods

Posted by securitynotsecure 
Help on Installing Car Mods
Date: June 10, 2021 03:12AM
Posted by: securitynotsecure
Hello, I'm new user to the site and have been playing Grand Prix 4 for a few months, sorry if this is a newbie question or on the wrong section.

I'm trying to install the Monaco McLaren car mod from [www.grandprixgames.org]

I followed the readme instructions on how to install it, I used WadUpdater, as it was one of the options listed.

From what I understood, I had to use WadUpdater to open the cars.wad files, attatch all the .TEX and .WAD files included in the folder, then I had to create a new cars.wad file to replace the unmodded one in my GP4 directory.

After doing this, I booted up the game and saw the standard driver choosing menu, but during a race session I didn't see the modded McLaren anywhere, nor did i see a menu option to select it.

Can a seasoned user guide me to what I did wrong here? any help is appreciated.
Re: Help on Installing Car Mods
Date: June 10, 2021 05:30AM
Posted by: mortal
Check the GP4FAQ, there could be some useful info there.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 10, 2021 09:06PM
already did that prior, ive tried seeing what i could do with zaztools and the rest but nothing ever works, I just do not know where to start with it, there aren't clear instructions on how to do it.

I have the car mod installed and ready to go, but nothing related to it appears when i boot up the game, nor do i know how to operate zaz tools
Date: June 12, 2021 05:23AM
Posted by: Nickharper
im using teameditor and just copy paste the files to cars.wad ,and set my carshapes from team editor after that and it works
Date: June 17, 2021 06:23AM
thanks im using teameditor now, this is working, but i'm still getting there.
The tires are a little off (not pirelli, and they are positioned wrong) and there is no texture on the car when I boot the game, i'll see what i can do so far, but heres the message teameditor gives me for "missing texture files"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2021 06:25AM by securitynotsecure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy