GP4: Adjusting the gearbox?

Posted by anthonydaracer 
GP4: Adjusting the gearbox?
Date: April 25, 2021 02:51AM
Posted by: anthonydaracer
Hi,

When I started racing mods in GP4, there is always one thing that bothers me; the gearbox. In some mods, like the 2006-2020 mods, they only have a 6 or 7-speed transmission. Although the 7-speed transmission is realistic in 2013 or older-era mods, some teams will use a 6-speed transmission. I tried downloading different physics files, but they didn't give me much help. This is kind of bothering me, so any help would be appreciated.
Re: GP4: Adjusting the gearbox?
Date: April 25, 2021 10:50AM
Posted by: Noog
Put a section like this at the bottom of the performance file being used for a given track/season:

[Gears]
Team #00=6
Team #01=6
Team #02=7
Team #03=6
Team #04=6
Team #05=7
Team #06=7
Team #07=7
Team #08=6
Team #09=6
Team #10=6
Date: April 25, 2021 07:24PM
Posted by: Jordhy
Hello, this problem is also part of my daily life, I've tried to change this relationship, I don't know which file (s) can be changed and all cars have the same number of gears. Noog's help is welcome, I already visited the carset and in the mods I don't know where to find the posted file.
Date: April 25, 2021 07:56PM
Posted by: Noog
Hi Jordhy.

Normally, performance files can be found in the GP4/gpxgata folder or the GP4/gpxdata/performance folder, but if the mod was installed with CSM they might be the GP4/GPSaves/Carsets folder instead.

If you can't find them, try searching for this text string in the GP4 folder ( and include subfolders):

** gp3edit - performance file **

That should help you to find where the files are. (Note that "gp3" is not a mistake - gp4 files use the same first line in the performance files).
Date: April 25, 2021 10:45PM
Posted by: Jordhy
thanks, I will try to study each file.
Date: April 28, 2021 08:27PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Normally you can open the performance files with Windows Notepad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy