F1 Offline Season Mode

Posted by ratsgetfattt 
F1 Offline Season Mode
Date: November 29, 2020 01:15PM
Posted by: ratsgetfattt
Hi There,

I have had an idea for something I want to try out (I'm sure it's not original so if someone else has done it please source it to me) but I want to do an offline season mode taking ideas from the codemasters F1 games in regards to R&D and put them into GP4. I was thinking starting at 1995 (I just love this year) and working to present. I have all the thoughts in my head but need help in regards to actually doing it as I'm kind of new to this game and still learning

So here's how I think it will work -

All driver abilities ratings will stay the same but all the car settings at the start of the 1995 season only will be the same (using a kayfabe rule as this is the "first season" that the FIA limited all engines to these figures).

Every race each driver will win money for the team which will go into R&D for the cars. There are 3 catagories - Chassis, Aerodynamics & Reliability. I need a hand with understanding the performance files on how to make this work so if anyone has any tips please let me know.

I was also thinking $2,000,000 for a win and working down like that with R&D costing $1,500,000 and more as tiers go up (This is so bottom teams can preform R&D too with the joint winnings. Teams will also have a cap of 2 R&D items in progress at once so it doesn't go overboard. Tier 1 will take 2 races, Tier 2 will take 4 races and tier 3 will take 10 races (meaning with shorter season it will go into the next season with tiers resetting

If someone buys out a team i.e Red Bull buying Minardi, that team inherits the "bank account" of that team for the next season

If anyone has any tips to make it better or easier please let me know and also let me know what you think of the idea as well!
Re: F1 Offline Season Mode
Date: November 29, 2020 01:57PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Sounds cool. I have a similar thing going on myself but only really with championship tables and implementation of the 107% rule, red flags (loosely, I basically just do a full restart or if over 2 laps are completed - I'll go into the numcars.ini like with the 107% rule and take the retired cars off the grid and use Shaddix's custom grid tool to determine the grid order and adjust the quickrace length accordingly.) and driver changes with bans and injuries etc.

There should be a post somewhere that goes into detail about the performance files that could explain it a lot better than I can but it should be easy enough to implement what you're talking about.

If you want to keep track of results I can upload the excel sheets I use with the formulas set up and everything?
Date: November 29, 2020 10:57PM
Sure would love to see it!

I have changed my idea over night lol After every race 3 random teams are picked for development, development takes 3 races to complete but can still fail. I think each development will take .200 seconds off lap times so it doesn't give massive advantages to teams so it can still provide different and unexpected winners
Date: November 29, 2020 11:57PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Here you go, there's five of them according to that time period's TV Graphics since we're all about authenticity here!

I've had it in my head for a while to write some sort of program that can do all of this sort of thing (track driver results, car development through perf adjustments, simulate red flags/107% rule etc) but I've never quite got round to it. Who knows, maybe one day.
Date: November 30, 2020 02:07PM
Thanks for the templates, they look amazing!

If you ever do please let me know because I will 107% be sure to use it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy