Mod with low requirements?

Posted by joselugo8690 
Mod with low requirements?
Date: May 25, 2020 03:00PM
Posted by: joselugo8690
Hi everyone, I'm new in this world of GP4 and I'm trying to download a mod, but the problem is my PC (P4, 1GB RAM, 256MB Video, Windows XPSP3)
Some of you know a mod that you have played before and that runs like the original game does
Especially post 2001 F1 season...
Thanks in advance for the help!

* On the other hand, is it possible to change the video that comes out when you win a race, when you arrive 2 or 3 or when you make a pole position for something more exciting?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2020 03:05PM by joselugo8690.
Re: Mod with low requirements?
Date: May 25, 2020 07:51PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
joselugo8690
Hi everyone, I'm new in this world of GP4 and I'm trying to download a mod, but the problem is my PC (P4, 1GB RAM, 256MB Video, Windows XPSP3)
Some of you know a mod that you have played before and that runs like the original game does
Especially post 2001 F1 season...
Thanks in advance for the help!

It's been 15 or more years since i had such a computer, so i can't help you about that. Why don't you install the mods and try how they work? they should all be running on your pc but may be not with the highest settings (have a look at f1graphics.cfg in your installation's folder).

joselugo8690
* On the other hand, is it possible to change the video that comes out when you win a race, when you arrive 2 or 3 or when you make a pole position for something more exciting?

Yes it is and it's quite simple though. All the ingame videos are located here Grand Prix 4\MenuData\PC\GP2001\Videos. You can take any video you like and conver it into a bik-file, using Rad Tools Bink Video. Just replace the original videos (use the same name for the new ones).

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy