Increase fuel consumption during race

Posted by Laahustaja 
Increase fuel consumption during race
Date: September 03, 2019 09:22AM
Posted by: Laahustaja
Hi All, a new user here. I played a lot of GP2 back when it came out but somehow skipped the last entries in the series. Recently got back into simracing and decided to check what kind of games the old classics are.

The race simulation and feeling in GP4 is truly wonderful, only having a one issue with immersion as I like to run shorter races. Is there any way to Incease the fuel consumption & tyre wear for example to 3x the normal value to force pit stops also in 33% races? Would be a really nice change since the I do not really have time for 100% races.

Thanks for help!
Re: Increase fuel consumption during race
Date: September 03, 2019 01:09PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Welcome!

To fix that issue you need to use a CMagic4 tool to extract MD (Magic Data) from the S1CTxx.dat file of the circuit (placed at the...Infogrames/Grand Prix 4/Circuits directory) you'd like to edit and then you can tweak it with a notepad and export the altered MD file back to the S1CTxx.dat file. The most useful posts regarding MD values can be found here, there and there (Warining - this can be highly unintuitive for a beginner).

The pit strategy looks kind of like this at the MD file (can be found towards the end of it):
70   ; 1 Stop Percentage (%)
38   ; Stop1 (sector)
10   ; Pit Window 1 (range)
0   ; Unused
0   ; Unused
0   ; Unused
0   ; Unused
0   ; Unused
30   ; 2 Stops Percentage (%)
23   ; Stop1 (sector)
5   ; Pit Window 1 (range)
52   ; Stop2 (sector)
5   ; Pit Window 2 (range)
0   ; Unused
0   ; Unused
0   ; Unused
0   ; 3 Stops Percentage (%)
0   ; Stop1 (sector)
0   ; Pit Window 1 (range)
0   ; Stop2 (sector)
0   ; Pit Window 2 (range)
0   ; Stop3 (sector)
0   ; Pit Window 3 (range)
With these exact values shown at this example, 70% of the AI cars will be forced to pit once at laps 38-48, and 30% of the AI cars will be pitting twice on laps 23-28 and 52-57. You can edit it whatever you like. This should do the needed and you wont need to adjust fuel levels any further, cos the cars will be fueled up accordingly to their pit-stop shedule.

To reduce number of laps for your full race use the Edit GP4info button at the CMagic:

I have 0 experience tweaking the tyre usage values yet, though - so I cant help with this if you really need it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 01:42PM by Soutsen.
Re: Increase fuel consumption during race
Date: September 04, 2019 10:41AM
Posted by: Laahustaja
Thanks a lot for your help Soutsen!

More complicated that just changing a couple of figures, but so it sometimes is. I will have to start tweaking with this!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy