Paulo's video tutorial

Posted by viking75 
Paulo's video tutorial
Date: March 07, 2019 10:40PM
Posted by: viking75
Hi Paulo !

Thank you very much for your video tutorial about GP4Builder. Thanks to you I can use a (very) little this tool and I know now how to move or delay some objects into a track. I try my best to make Monthléry-Linas track and your tuto can help me. I suppose your tuto requested many many time to do it and I don't want to bother you, but according to me you don't begin by the beginning. Indeed, I'd like to learn the basic work, that's to say to make an horizon, fences and so on. I failed many times, too hard for me and I don't understand very well english (i can use sign language but it's no use on a forum :-)) so the Lo2k's guide is not useful for me, even google translation can't help me. Do you think you have the time to record a new tutorial part to learn what I just said ? I really want to make a track, I want to prove myself I'm able to do one and share if it's good enough. I test my poor skill with Reims track. Thanks to your tuto I began to modify it but it's too ridiculous. Thx !
Re: Paulo's video tutorial
Date: March 08, 2019 03:21PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Hello viking75,

I do plan on making more videos, but unfortunately I've been way busier than I had expected so I don't know when I'll be able to get back to recording.

However, objects like horizon, fences are simply objects with textures assigned to them. I don't know if you saw both of the videos I did, but in the second one I talk about the Add object menu, which is pretty useful for creating simple objects and may cover your basic needs.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: March 08, 2019 06:11PM
Posted by: jimbob1
ask one of the track editors on the forum for help also
are you starting from scratch with the .dat file ?
Date: March 08, 2019 07:19PM
Posted by: viking75
@ Paulo : Many thanks for your answer. I understand very well you're busy and you already made a great job. Yes, I saw your two vidéos and I keep them in my favorites to see when I need. You speak slowly and I can understand sometimes but many times no ; I don't speak english well enough. I saw your explanation about adding objects but I can't realize it like you do. It doesn't matter Paulo. I try my best but as you see below on the picture I think my purpose to do Montlhéry track is too hard and too pretentious for me. The old Montlhéry (in red and yellow on the pic, the long and the short) is a real cool track, very fast with elevate curves. I wait some days and I first restart my tests with Reims dat.

@ jimbob1 : Thanks for your advice. As I said, for this moment I do some tests with Reims dat before beginning Montlhéry. I already did a Montlhéry dat file but it crashed. Each time I restart, GP4Builder tells me it's impossible to add a track at the begining and in the end of the original. However, I delay all the sectors as said on the guide. I'm sure I haven't this problem the first time. So I gave up for a few days. As you see, many work is waiting for me :( :-o

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy