Black screen since windows update

Posted by viking75 
Black screen since windows update
Date: October 29, 2018 10:47AM
Posted by: viking75
Hello

Windows 10 updated my PC yesterday and now it's impossible to play GP4. I selected compatibity program as usual (windows vista pack 2 etc...) but the game doesn't launch. I have a black screen as if i did'nt select compatiblity option and it even doesn't crash, so no log file, i just reboot each time. #@:-( :-[ windows 10. Fed up with all these updates ! So, can someone already encountered this problem and help me ! Thank so much.

PS : I've reinstalled two times the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2018 10:54AM by viking75.
Re: Black screen since windows update
Date: October 29, 2018 03:53PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Usually, when I have a black screen with GP4 it's a firewall issue : you need to add an exception in your firewall. But there may be other reasons too.

Date: October 29, 2018 06:44PM
Thanks but I tried and it doesn't work. I'll do a "point de restauration" and I'll block windows update. Thank you again.
Date: October 30, 2018 12:02AM
Posted by: munnzy
i have had that issue as i run multiple stand alone sets of gp4 i picked one that is ok and copied all the contents of gpx patch folder and the graphics config and this has fixed it but i know not why.
Date: October 30, 2018 11:29AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
viking75 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks but I tried and it doesn't work. I'll do a
> "point de restauration" and I'll block windows
> update.
Thank you again.

Mauvaise idée ;-)
Windows update brings patches to security issues and the likes, you shouldn't block that. Never !

There may have been an update of your graphic drivers in the process (just a guess), so as said munnzy if you have a safe copy of your game it could solve the issue.

Date: October 30, 2018 01:09PM
Ok, Eric, I follow your advice. I deblock windows update but I'll see. Thanks to you. I saw on several forums that people are not glad too of these updates. Thanks again !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy