Re: GP4 crash (GPXpatch log included) [Solved]

Posted by Excalibur 
Date: September 30, 2018 03:59PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hi folks!

GP4 crashes for a moment. The loading bar is near to the end when it happens.
So, I made a fresh install.
Everything is fine after applying the GP4NoCD patch and GpxPatch 4.44. The game launches.
Everything is fine when TSM and new tracks are installed. The games launches.
After installing my cars.wad, anim.wad, gfx, Gp4tweaker and others files, the game crashes before the loading bar go to the end.

I tried with the original cars.wad and anim.wad again but I still got the same problem.

Any suggestion or help would be appreciated because this is the first time I have got this problem.

Thanks!

gpxload.txt: [www.mediafire.com]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 08:00PM by Excalibur.
Re: GP4 crash (GPXpatch log included)
Date: October 01, 2018 08:55PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Did you try to install GP4 out of Programme Files ? You certainly know there are some administrative restrictions with that folder which could explain the crash.
If you already tried that, I'd say uninstall GP4, clean up the registry base with CCleaner and reinstall out of Progamme Files.

Other than that I'd say there's an issue with your cars.wad but I can't say what it can be. It's pointing to the usual cockpit error and/or LCD/wheel error.

Date: October 02, 2018 06:24PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Salut Eric!

Thanks for your advices. I spent my whole sunday, trying to reinstall the game step by step and to understand.... and my conclusion is that the problem come from the anim.wad when I replace the original one by my current one.

1- GP4 installed
2- Official patch
3- Nocd
4- I launch the original game and save.

Until here, no problem.

5- Gpxpatch installed. I launch the game. OK
6- Zaz tools installed and tracks installd with current tracks. I launch the game. OK
7- Current cars.wad installed. I launch the game. OK
8 - original anim.wad replaced by my current one.

The game crashes.... I tried to replace my current one by the original one. The game crashes also.

I think that once installed, I have to update my anim.wad with easywad manually instead of replacing the original one by the current one....

If it continues to crash, I will think about using the stand alone version elswhere than into the program files.

It happened the first time when I updated TSM with a new beta track but I know that the track or TSM is not the source of the problem, now. I really didn't know what happened ... It could be the recent Nvidia update or something else...

Regarding the cockpit, I thought it could come from the cockpit with the halo version. But when I replace it by my 2016 version, the problem still occurs

Edit: Solved. It came from my anim.wad modified

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 07:59PM by Excalibur.
Date: October 03, 2018 12:19PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Salut Arnaud!

Great to hear you eventually sorted it out. (Y)

Date: October 06, 2018 04:01PM
Posted by: esv
This is exactly anim.wad. I had exactly the same errors (gpxload.txt). Starting with mods 2010 (my own manual build), I replace only skin files in anim.wad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy