Texture Resizing

Posted by F33LTH3F0RC3 
Texture Resizing
Date: February 15, 2008 03:07PM
Posted by: F33LTH3F0RC3
Hey

I was wondering if someone would be willing to decrease the size of the cars.wad file I have to help me improve my PO. I have the 2007 cars.wad which is part of the 2007 mod that is installed straight over the normal GP4. (The cars.wad file size is something like 204, 658 k)

My PO is very high and can reach 300 on the starting grid and when there are a lot of cars around. I have read another post like this so I know that this can be done.

Please help!

Cheers

F33LTH3F0RC3
Re: Texture Resizing
Date: February 15, 2008 03:10PM
Posted by: fongu
Open the textures up in texresizer, and save the second largest square as a tga, and then reload the tga in the largest texture and save. That'll reduce your textures by half the size.

Date: February 15, 2008 03:16PM
Posted by: Ruboy
It can be done even quicker if you use slimtex (included with CSM). YOu don't need to use csm to use slimtex..you just need to have it installed.

To downsize textures you can extract the wad, open Slimtex, go to the tex tab, drag all the files, or the folder, onto the window. select all, choose to resize by 1/2 and hit go.

Date: February 15, 2008 03:45PM
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Open the textures up in texresizer, and save the
> second largest square as a tga, and then reload
> the tga in the largest texture and save. That'll
> reduce your textures by half the size.

Sorry, What do you mean when you say the second largest square?
Date: February 15, 2008 03:54PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Use Ruboy's way its goes much faster and easier, you can do all the tex files with one press on the button :-)
Date: February 15, 2008 04:10PM
Bigbrother Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Use Ruboy's way its goes much faster and easier,
> you can do all the tex files with one press on the
> button :-)

What does he mean by the tex tab? I have the latest slimtex.
Date: February 15, 2008 04:10PM
Posted by: fongu
yeah i agree, didn't know that function existed in slimtex... i use both slimtex and tex-resizer

Date: February 15, 2008 04:14PM
I have done it now people, thanks for all your help :)
Date: February 15, 2008 04:38PM
Right I have done it, I think it has improved my PO but at the back of the grid the PO keeps jumping from 180 to 300. It also does this when there is a replay with all of the field in it not long after the start. Is there anything that can be causing this or shall I just have to live with it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2008 04:59PM by F33LTH3F0RC3.
Date: July 30, 2018 07:10PM
Posted by: Pont
I tried with slimtex but i get following mssg when i try to resize the textures from 4096 into 2048
No writing privileges
Date: August 04, 2018 01:27AM
Posted by: esv
I use Photoshop (image size - resampling bicubic or smooth). So quality with a decrease in size is better and can be controlled. Save As tga. Then Slimtex. Everything is very simple.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy