CSM not updating wad files

Posted by ooleeeo 
CSM not updating wad files
Date: July 03, 2018 08:19PM
Posted by: ooleeeo
I installed gp4 on a windows 10 laptop along with zaz tools, gpxpatch and the official patch. When I am installing a carset and then using csm to play it, I noticed that the wads are not being updated by csm. What could be the problem?

Kimi forever!
Re: CSM not updating wad files
Date: July 21, 2018 07:07AM
Someone please provide any suggestions.

Kimi forever!
Date: July 21, 2018 07:23AM
Posted by: mortal
Download from my files a replacement wad. Overwrite your existing wad. Keep the downloaded wad as a clean backup. Try again.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 21, 2018 09:20AM
Unfortunately that did not work...csm does not load or update the wad in the carset update file

Kimi forever!
Date: July 21, 2018 11:58AM
OK it was worth a try in case the wad was corrupt and had failed to restore from a previous load. Have some patience for more response. There's a possibility there might be something in the FAQ so take a look there as well.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 21, 2018 12:45PM
Posted by: phantaman
installed this tool (and others) in a folder at the root of C:\ ?

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: July 22, 2018 08:36AM
Phantaman-can you please explain?

Kimi forever!
Date: July 22, 2018 10:23AM
To put it simply, CSM must not be in the GP4 directory. It must be placed in drive C on its own. Not in program files, not in GP4.

Date: July 23, 2018 12:33AM
more than others have explained (contributed)? including a tutorial on gp4forever and here too. follow the instructions you will not get error. (Y)

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Date: July 23, 2018 05:13PM
Oh... didn't know that...my CSM was in GP4 directory...so will re-install it and see what happens

Kimi forever!
Date: July 30, 2018 08:39PM
ooleeeo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Phantaman-can you please explain?

Do not forget to become a folder owner and give write permissions (as an administrator). => [www.windowscentral.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy