Specifics *** for each track

Posted by Meteoro405 
Specifics *** for each track
Date: March 09, 2018 06:51PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
In CSM Mods you can define which cars and which helmets. In this way in championship mode, cars and helmets change as the tournament progresses.

To do this, you use the "specific car for track" (or specific helmet for track) statement in the settings.ini file.

In this way in championship mode, cars and helmets change as the tournament progresses.

It is possible to define the same procedure (without using CSM swap) to change the grid-cars, team-arts and logos. So in championship mode change these?

The same for tweaker files?

I can do it from the CSM menu, choosing which track to run, and swap files. What I need is to do it without the menu swap.

In the same way that CSM solves the change of cars and helmets for each track.

Thanks in advance (& sorry for my english)

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Re: Specifics *** for each track
Date: March 09, 2018 10:59PM
Posted by: gitanes
Yes you can!
First, you need to create a Data\Teamart folder (if there isn't one already in your mod).
This folder will contain 4 subfolders (Drivers - Gridcars - Helmets - Logos) where you put the default images (gpi) and 2 control files (Teamart.ini - Teamart_Track.ini).
Each of the 4 subfolders can contain (if necessary) trackspecific subfolders (e.g. Austin, Interlagos etc).

In the .csm file you include the line:
[Files]
TeamArt =Teamart\Teamart.ini, Teamart\Teamart_Track.ini

The files look like this:
Teamart.ini:
[Drivers]
File1=Drivers\%Driver1%.gpi
File22=Drivers\%Driver22%.gpi

[Helmets]
File1=Helmets\%Driver1%.gpi
File22=Helmets\%Driver22%.gpi

[Logos]
File1=Logos\%team1%.gpi
File11=Logos\%team11%.gpi

[Cars]
File1=Gridcars\%team1%.gpi
File11=Gridcars\%team11%.gpi

Teamart_Track.ini:
[Drivers]
File1=Drivers\%trackname%\%Driver1%.gpi
File22=Drivers\%trackname%\%Driver22%.gpi

[Helmets]
File1=Helmets\%trackname%\%Driver1%.gpi
File22=Helmets\%trackname%\%Driver22%.gpi

[Logos]
File1=Logos\%trackname%\%team1%.gpi
File11=Logos\%trackname%\%team11%.gpi

[Cars]
File1=Gridcars\%trackname%\%team1%.gpi
File11=Gridcars\%trackname%\%team11%.gpi

Note: all variables have to be defined in globalvars.ini and they have to match the corresponding file names, that is if your team is "ForceIndia" you need a "ForceIndia.gpi", if it is "Force India" you need a "Force India.gpi", if your driver is "Alonso" you need a "Alonso.gpi", if it is "Fernando Alonso" you need a "Fernando Alonso.gpi" etc.

I hope that helps!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: March 10, 2018 11:10PM
Posted by: n00binio
Mhhh, I think what Meteoro is suggesting is not possible. If I understand correctly you want all logos etc to change from race to race without exiting the game? For cars and helmets this is possible, in that case csm just creates 17 different cars.wad files and gpxpatch ensures that the correct one is loaded for each track. In contrast to that gp4 only recognizes one set of team art files, I think it is not possible to have several sets and point gp4 to the one that you want for each track. This will always only work via exiting the game and swapping files.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: March 12, 2018 03:10PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Yes. I say without leaving the game, without using the swap defined in the variables of the CSM menu.

You can only change cars and helmets ...

Thanks Gezere and n00binio

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: March 12, 2018 08:23PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Chris is right.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy