Zmodeler help - getting UV map into the square

Posted by gareth 
Zmodeler help - getting UV map into the square
Date: December 20, 2017 10:59AM
Posted by: gareth
Hoping for some help from the GPG team, I am following these instructions I found in another thread:

Check that your mapping for each material (texture) is correctly set into the UVMapping square:
    [*] ...Select your model into object mode, click on Faces mode (then Select/ None/ right-click into the window).
    [*] ...Then, Select/ by material/ choose one of your material assigned and choose Surface/ mapping/ Assign UV (SEL option must be activated), left-click on one of your selected faces in red.
    [*] ...Finally, select UVMapper as a view on your main window. You should see the UVMapping of your selected texture. Be sure that your whole mapping is into the UVMapping square.
Check this for each texture.

I can get up to the bit I've made red - I can see in the UV mapper view that the mapping is sitting just outside of the square, but I can't figure out how to move the mapping into it. I know it will be very easy but I can't figure it out. Help please!
Re: Zmodeler help - getting UV map into the square
Date: December 20, 2017 01:48PM
Posted by: gezere
Assuming that you are still in Faces mode find below all the additional step to do just after the steps described in your post:

- Deselect all faces (Select/ None/).

-roll back to the object mode

- De activate the SEL button

- Select the move option (Modify/Move)

- Play with the mapping into the UVMapping window (it should turn in blue when your mouse points it). Depending the position of the mapping outside the square, I recommend to activate only the Vertical or Horizontal move in the Tools bar...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 01:56PM by gezere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy