Remove grass effect from track

Posted by Alessio88 
Remove grass effect from track
Date: September 06, 2017 05:24PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Hi guys,I hope someone can help me,I don't know if there is a name for it but on my singapor track I have a strange problem,basically when my car only (player car) goes out of track limits I get the effect of driving on the grass even though in singapor is all tarmac so I shouldn't get that effect even if I exceed the track limits,i hope I made myself understandable lol,is any chance I can remove this effect with gp4 builder please?

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Re: Remove grass effect from track
Date: September 06, 2017 06:19PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. The cause is the col-file of Singapore, which declares tarmac runoffs as 'grass' or 'hard (behaviour)'.

What to do about it?
You will have to correct the col-file via GP4Builder, what can be quite much work, sadly. But maybe someone in this community already has got a corrected col-file for Singapore and will share it here.
Date: September 06, 2017 06:52PM
Thanks for the reply,what if I take another .col file from abu dhabi for example that has got all tarmac and rename it as the one used by singapor track and put it the .wad file of the track replacing the old one?

Greetings
Alessio

Date: September 06, 2017 08:53PM
Posted by: Soutsen
I'm not an expert, but from my experience with editing the tracks for private I may suggest you to do the following:
Extract the wad of the needed track, open the .GP4 file of the track with GP4Builder, open the scene containing the runoffs you want to edit, then search for the runoff piece itself (usually named NLAND_xx), open it and select the needed type of surface.
Illustrative pic
And don't forget to create a new .col file after the edit.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2017 09:06PM by Soutsen.
Date: September 06, 2017 10:56PM
I tried to do like Soutsen suggested but it didn't work unfortunatly,so I will have to do manually from gp4 builder on the .col file,do I need to select one triangle by one or can i select more than one triangle and change it from hard surface to tarmac?

Greetings
Alessio

Date: September 06, 2017 11:05PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
You can speed it up by selecting a number in the text box in GP4 builder when editing the col file. If there are say 55 triangles, and you change the number to 55 and change the behaviour of the first triangle, it'll do it all in one click.

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 06, 2017 11:30PM
Ah ok thanks I can do it,but there is a limit of triangles I can change according to Gp4 Builder? I wanted to make it all Tarmac

Greetings
Alessio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy