fuel consumption problem

Posted by huskyman49 
fuel consumption problem
Date: August 03, 2017 08:38AM
Posted by: huskyman49
so this is really a newly developped crazy problem: one of the 22 cars has double the fuel consumption than all the others and so it regularly runs out of fuel... what is this? hot
Anyone had this before and how to solve?
Re: fuel consumption problem
Date: August 03, 2017 09:12AM
Posted by: tamburello
This seems to be a problem in the magic data of the track. There are three values within the magic data file that affect the fuel consumption:

Fuel=10730
Fuel consumption Player=17917
Fuel consumption AI=17172

Fuel affects both, Player and AI. Reducing this value means less fuel per lap. With the other two values you can tweak AI and Player fuel consumption separately.
When all three vales are correctly tweaked, you have a fuel consumption of 1,0 per lap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2017 09:13AM by tamburello.
Date: August 03, 2017 10:00AM
Many thanks for answering so fast... I'm well aware of the fuel parameters... The odd thing is, that all the cars fuel consumption behaves like it should except of that one (Team #09, First Driver=...) which has double the intake of fuel and strands somewhere out on the track, because it runs out of fuel before it could enter the pits...! :-O
Date: August 03, 2017 10:29AM
I tested it now with myself as the driver and the same occured - I just could see on the the display how fast the number of laps I was fuelled for dwindled... 1 lap completed and three laps less to go...
Date: August 04, 2017 08:29AM
Posted by: tamburello
Strange. What track and mod are you using?
Date: August 04, 2017 12:14PM
the mod I use is Meteoros great 'gp4modenduranceseriesbeta095' and I tried it on several tracks as 1988 Paul Ricard (cleberpister and plodekk 2010) or zhuhai (made by jimbob1 in 2007). It seems to me that the problem is not related to the tracks and affects only one car (Team #09, First Driver only)... :-o
Date: August 04, 2017 03:28PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I have a problem with my beer consumption, how to solve?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 04, 2017 04:43PM
could it be you're using a faulty mod, haha...
Date: August 04, 2017 08:15PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
I dont remember... this mod use 19000 rpm physics?

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: August 05, 2017 09:44AM
nice to hear from you, Ariel, after quite a while. The mod uses 17600 rpm. I just tried out another physics but apparently nothing changed... No idea what makes just this one and only car drink so much fuel ;) ?

best regards
Karl
Date: August 08, 2017 01:01AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Well, there might be something wrong in the performance file. Are you using GP4Tweaker as well? Is it a CSM Mod? I also would like to the the performance file you use, maybe you could post it here. But indeed it's a very weird error.
Date: August 08, 2017 07:16AM
[www.mediafire.com]

Yes, it's a CSM Mod and I'm using GP4 Tweaker. The performance file I modified with GP4Phys.
I had running other Mods in the same way without problems so far...

Thx for assistance :-)
Date: August 08, 2017 04:11PM
Well, I can't open the download link. .G3P file? Never heard about this, I just can't open it. I need a .txt file please.
Date: August 08, 2017 07:28PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It's a physics file, not a performance file which is in txt.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 08, 2017 07:57PM
Date: August 09, 2017 04:28PM
Well, nothing seems to be wrong in your performance file. Please check every single setting in GP4Tweaker, there might be the reason, but I'm not sure, it's just a guess.
Date: August 09, 2017 06:28PM
You got it, mate (B) Well done!
It was in the Pitstop Editor (I used an older version without checking the values before...) - I had set the fuel efficiency of that certain car to 10 instead of 100...
Thanks a lot (G)
Date: August 10, 2017 09:40PM
Yeah well, you're welcome! (H)(I) I knew it would make sense to rejoin this wonderful community again. I'm happy that I solved another problem. You know, every problem has its reason(s). Even if you can't believe it until you know the cause(s). I also experienced some problems like this a few years ago and when you know the cause of the problem it is absolutely clear why the problem occured. I wish you a lot of fun now with playing GP4 without one single car runs out of fuel in every race! :-)(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy