Solved: Problem with some tracks and original GP4.exe without use GPxPatch

Posted by sergio_poletti 
I faced a problem using some tracks and original GP4.exe without use GPxPatch.

Usually I use GPxPatch to start GP4 without any problem with all my tracks, but recently
I made a GP4 customization that allow me to run GP4 in SBS mode using vorpX+SplashTop and display
a 3d vision of GP4 on my smartphone inserted on a Homido headset (a very funny solution!)

vorpX is a tool that creates a SBS vision of GP4 but it is incompatible with GPxPatch so I was forced to use the
original GP4.exe without GPxPatch support.

Many tracks, expecially the original ones, run fine with original GP4.exe, some others crash GP4, an example of this situation is the
Urbano Ficticio track (http://www.gp4central.com/tracks/).

Can someone give me a suggestion to allow me to use all the available GP4 track with original GP4.exe ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 04:44PM by sergio_poletti.
How does vorpX support GP4? What makes it compatible with GP4 but incompatible with GPxPatch?

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
I give here a brief description of my GP4 customization aimed to obtain a GP4 3d vision game version.

vorpX requires DirectX9, being GP4 based on DirectX8, I solved this issue copying on the GP4 folder the "DirectX8 to DirectX9 convertor"
(http://enbdev.com/download_convertor_dx8todx9.htm).

Then needs to run "vorpX Desktop Viewer" and create a shortcut to GP4.exe, the shortcut creation allows vorpX to recognize GP4.exe as 3d game.

Next step is to create a vorpX GP4.exe profile, this requires some specific settings and tricks, but finally this will allows vorpX to create
a realistic 3d vision of GP4.

Clicking on GP4.exe or GP4.lnk, GP4 starts with vorpX hook and on the PC screen appear two GP4 windows, one displaying GP4 right eye vision
the other one the left GP4 eye vision (Side by Side SBS format).

Using Splashtop Streamer on PC and Splashtop Personal on a Full HD smartphone and putting the smartphone on a cheap Homido headset I was able
to obtain a very realistic and exciting GP4 driving mode.

When I start GP4 using GPxPatch I face this problem :
before to start GPxPatch I run "vorpX Desktop Viewer", create a shortcut to GPxPatch in order to make know GPxPatch to vorpX
and create a vorpX GPxPatch.exe profile.

Clicking on GPxPatch.exe or GPxPatch.lnk GPxPatch opens his window, but when I click on Start GPx Button GP4 appear on his classic view not on SBS format.

It seems click action on .exe or .lnk is the only way to start 3D vorpX application and seems incompatible with GPxPatch way to start GP4.
Have you tried to create the shortcut to GPxPatch.exe, but the profile on GP4.exe?

Yes, I've also tried this method, but when GP4 starts it runs in standard mode, without vorpX display behaviour.
Ok, interesting.

Solved starting vorpX as Administrator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy