GP4Master tool - should I use it to...

Posted by XenonS 
GP4Master tool - should I use it to...
Date: September 08, 2016 06:44PM
Posted by: XenonS
Hi,

If I don't want to use CSM, can I package my car files into a wad with GPMaster tool and put the wad in the main GP4 folder? Will this work and start the game correctly, also will this load all cars, cockipits, helmets when changing tracks inside the game ?
What about anims.wad, how can I make sure this is loaded in the game without using CSM? Does GPxPatch reads this file?

Thanks,
XenonS
Re: GP4Master tool - should I use it to...
Date: September 08, 2016 08:52PM
Posted by: gap177
@XenonS, Gp4Master can be used to compile your cars and anim wad files. Works perfectly. Your anim and cars wad will need to be copied and pasted into your main gp4 folder.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: September 08, 2016 09:11PM
Posted by: XenonS
Thanks, Glenn, I have just re-installed the whole thing and made a backup of the main folder. Afterall, if everything goes wrong I can still play the standard game ;)

Ciao,
XenonS
Date: March 13, 2017 06:03PM
Posted by: seanmikeuk
I have tried to use GP4Master but says I don't have a decrypted GP4.exe but I have.

GP4Master say the decrypted GP4.exe should be 6250496 bytes. The decrypted one I am using is 6275072 bytes.

Why should the size of the decrypted exe be so specific and is there a way around this?
Date: March 13, 2017 06:46PM
Posted by: quickslick
GP4 Master works only with the decrypted GP4.exe 1.0 and the decrypted GP4.exe you are using is the 1.2, that's why GP4 Master says your exe is the wrong one. You can rename your gp4.exe to gp4old.exe and copy the 1.0 exe in your GP4 main folder, or you can create a new foder with the decrypted GP4.exe 1.0 and point GP4 Master to this new direction. In both ways GP4 Master should work
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy