Jipmappings for dummies... Help me!

Posted by Meteoro405 
Jipmappings for dummies... Help me!
Date: March 01, 2017 03:32PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Someone can explain (step by step) "Jipmappings".
For some fool like me ..

Thank you

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Re: Jipmappings for dummies... Help me!
Date: March 01, 2017 05:11PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Jipmappings are textures placed upon the track tarmac

First, you need to paste GRIDLEFT.JIP and GRIDLINE.JIP in the same folder as the .dat file you're going to edit. When you open the .dat with GP4Builder, it will convert the .jip to .tga so you can preview the .jip texture. Also, check if "Show Jip Mappings" is active (Display menu - Physics, or on the toolbar).

To place a jipmapping, open a sector down to command level and add a new E8 command. The following window opens (picture from the GP4B User Guide):

The only really needed parameter here is Jip ID. Each Jip ID corresponds to a segment of the Jip texture. 842, for example, is the checkered start-finish line. Just click on the texture preview on the right and GP4B will select the correct Jip ID.

By default, the top-left corner of a Jip mapping is placed at the center and at the end of a sector. Using "Start Width Offset" you can move it to the left (negative values) or to the right (positive), and using "Distance Offset" you can move it forward (negative) or backward (positive) from the sector end. Note that Jip mappings displaced with "Distance Offset" do not carry automatically to the previous sector.

To repeat a Jip horizontally across the same sector (like a simple white line), use "Width Tiles" combined with "Tiles Width Offset". "Tiles Width Offset" is simply the width of the Jip mapping (it's shown on the bottom of the window), and "Width Tiles" is how many times the Jip repeats.

To repeat a Jip across many sectors, use "Number of tiles" combined "Tiles every". "Number of tiles" is exactly what it says, and you can use "Tiles every" to make Jips repeat every 2, 3 sectors or more instead of continuously. This is used for the starting grid markings which repeat every 3 sectors.

Finally "Sector Offset" is the number of sectors between where the E8 command is placed and where the first Jip mapping appears. If you want to move a certain Jip one or two sectors forward, this parameter is quicker to update than creating another E8 command in a different sector.

That should do it for Jip placement. Also, there are a number of different .JIP files going around, some Jip IDs may not be available on all of them.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Re: Jipmappings for dummies... Help me!
Date: March 01, 2017 06:17PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
First, you need to paste GRIDLEFT.JIP and GRIDLINE.JIP in the same folder as the .dat file you're going to edit !!!!

Thanks Paulo!!!. I will try

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy