Issue with newly modelled car part.

Posted by AUS_Doug 
Issue with newly modelled car part.
Date: January 21, 2017 05:13AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Hi all,
So I modelled a new rear-wing endplate, and am having an issue with one of them (the right one) in-game.
Imgur album.

What will happen is that, when viewing from the side shown in the first picture the carbon area (indicated by the red arrow) will be invisible, and you will see the mirror image of the outside of the fin.
When viewed from the side shown in the second picture, the yellow area (indicated by the red arrow) will be invisible, and you will see the inner carbon area.

At first, I thought it was a material issue, but this was not the case.
I've also tried recomputing and flipping the normals, and flipping the face orientation, and the issue still persists.

I've had this problem before, but it's always been fixed by computing or flipping the normals.

Has anyone got any idea what might be going on here?
If it'll help, I can upload the .gp4

Cheers,
Doug.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Re: Issue with newly modelled car part.
Date: January 21, 2017 09:28AM
Posted by: Lacrowe
I suggest the following functions: Create copy - Mirror X axis - Flip - Normals calculate, and the inside twin rear wing will be so correct.
Date: January 22, 2017 05:58AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Ah, thank you that certainly fixed it. (Though it obviously messed up my UV Mapping)
I think something went wrong when I exported it from 3DS Max, because I tried again today and it worked fine.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: January 22, 2017 09:51AM
Posted by: Lacrowe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2017 01:46PM by Lacrowe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy